Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have actually disabled my windows swap-page file. I let my RAM take over and I have not had an issue at all with running out of memory.

Another option is to make your swap-page file max and min the same size so its not expanding and shrinking.
Install PD9 on C:

but

In the setting, make all the export and temp folders etc on the partition with more room.

I also use an external HD for my EDS and for backups.
Just watched Diaries of Madagascar last night on the Animal Planet. What spectacular footage. They used absolutely no transitions and kept everything simple. The footage was mind blowing but their zoom capability on a $40,000 camera was second to none.

If you watch it with the eyes of a producer, you could tell they didn't get all the footage they wanted as they were forced to put words to video as opposed video to words or a planned script. They had little snippets here and there and went back and forth between the same species. What else can you do when you only have 30 seconds of video from a lizard no one has really seen before and you want to share it.

Highly recommended you watch some of these Planet Earth and Life series nature shows if you like filming nature. No special effects needed as the video footage its self was out of this world unlike lets say River Monsters that depend on special effects to make the video more exiting.

fsoz123

What kind of video editing software does your accounting firm use that it runs so well.
Barring an audit, I'm going to be upgrading my video card also but from a 8800 GT and will be spending around $200 after I get my tax return.

You have to find your bottle neck. Video Editing is also RAM and CPU intensive and you system looks good there.

I don't think there are any of us that have a computer that runs PD9 HD as smooth as silk if that's what you are looking for.

I'm wondering if a very fast high RPM HD or a flash drive is in your future.

Annie

Just insert the 2 clips into the time line, put a transition inbetween them.

Then go to PRODUCE and make a video file.

Then go to CREATE DISK to make the disk form that video file.

what format? give MPEG-2 a try with SVRT unchecked.
I thought we left off with this discussion that the trail can be activated. Even tech support sent an email saying you can.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15934.page#77994
Download the trial and activate it when it expires. I believe you should also be able to do the updates also.

I'm thinking if you set your system clock ahead 30 days the activation screen will come up for you to enter your CD Key.
Nightowl

Filezilla freeware seems to be the FTP of choice for uploading these days as the other FTP software/clients are getting overloaded with options an are confusing.

The server has to support embedded video into your webpage and you may need a few emails back and forth with the server administrator.

Here is one example of the code used:

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/streaming/embed/

I thinks its best to have the video play on demand rather than automatically play when someone goes to your webpage as many peoples browser freezes when that happens and then they click away from the page.

Another thing that helped me is that I just took time to browse through all the menus and options (some of which terms I still need to learn). From there though you can search through the users manual and then refer back to the forum.

You'll find some neat features that PD-9 has. Its nice to have those sample files as you can experiment with them.
Yes.

Quality control.

Put a short audio stinger in your project near the end of the project and line this up with a unique video segment.

After certain edits to your project, test out that things have not moved by playing the stinger to see if it has not shifted.

You will start to see what does and what does not shift things. You then have the undo and redo buttons to work with.

That's how I do it.

You'll find out it doesn't take much to ruin a production. I had to voice clips disappear from the track on me and my video if free for the nation to download on Pegmedia unless I want to do another 10 hr upload.

Im going to start do my projects in segments because PD9 is not all there yet and need a bit of refinement still. Lets hope the product doesn't get discontinued as I can't see it being very profitable for them with all the issues.

Its extremely frustrating when things go out of whack.
I rename the photos appropriately for easy reference.

Since I produce my videos in 16:9, I try to crop my 4:3 photos to 16:9 to avoid PD9 from having to alter the pixels too much. I believe this helps preserve the resolution. I believe resolution is lost when PD9 takes a 4:3 photo and makes it 16:9. Not sure if PD9 crops it or stretches it.

My camera is permanently set for 16:9 photography from now on.

I also put the photos in a separate directory from the video so Thumbs Plus does not spend time and resources trying to render the video files also while viewing photos in the project.

Some image processing is carried out such as color adjustments.

I thought I saw in a youtube video them adjusting the sound volume of a SS track and using it as a selling point. I'll have to see if my assumption is right by searching for that tutorial again.
Great!!

Thanks again

Edit: You can also simply cut and paste from a webpage. How nice.

Just to let others know: you do not have to register a trademark for it to be yours. You just have to declare it with the TH symbol and make sure know one else is using it before you, and if you have any commerce relating to the trademark it becomes your to by common law.

Believe me, its more complicated then that, but that's just a generalization of getting a trademark. And there are more advantages through the non-refundable $300 federal or $50-100 state application process if your TM is approved.

My commerce I assume is I put my show on pegmedia for other public access stations to grab and send it to local public access for county wide viewing. I also give the video to local libraries.
Excellent

Thanks

Vn8000rider
It can be done. For instance the program ConvertXtoDVD will do what you want.

I don't see it in nero though. I only see recode DVD and convert DVD to NERODIGITAL then to DVD again..

You can create the DVD to a directory on your hard drive using PD9 and then I believe Nero can covert and burn that to DVD I think.

Actually you can just burn it to the HD and use a program like DVD Fab or similar.
Hello

Is there anyway to put in a trademark symbol in a title. Looking for the (unregistered) T with a circle and hopefully over time will establish common law ownership.

My video is going on Pegmedia and it available to the world and thus I created a unique series name that I can't see in use through trademark and google searches. But I understand in order to declare the trademark unregistered, one has to stamp a T/circle next to the name.

Obviously I can do it through a graphic but I would like to do it through title text also.

Thanks
Hey!!! did I see a guy pick-pocket someone.

Thanks

For sharing
for starters, I would go with mpg-2 with SVRT unclicked or off.

give it a shot
I use a lot of SS and find the same. Its still in it infancy and they have a lot o work to do to fine tune and sort out SS. Its is very frustrating having to reload a large project just to test the sound levels. I have had to do this over and over on my project.

Lets hope they can keep PD alive in their product line to make these needed future enhancements. For some reason I feel they are stretched for good programmers and are running on a shoestring budget doing the best they can with what limited resources they have.
Go to: