Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My CD broke!
enriquemexusmc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2011 07:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Long story short, my CD-Rom Drive split my CD in half! So I did not even have a chance to install the program.

1. I purchased the CyberLink PowerDirector 9 from a store in Washignton, DC.
2. Brought it with me to California.
3. Inserted the CD into my CD-ROM Drive and it somehow got split in half.

So now I am left with a broken CD, and my CD-Key.

Any suggestions? There must be somewhere where I can download the program online and plug in my CD-Key which I already paid for.

Does anybody have an answer to this?
Dave212321 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 15, 2011 09:16 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Download the trial and activate it when it expires. I believe you should also be able to do the updates also.

I'm thinking if you set your system clock ahead 30 days the activation screen will come up for you to enter your CD Key.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 29. 2011 11:40

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Ignore what Dave212321 has suggested, you cannot activate a trial version of PowerDirector. You will need to contact Technical Support for a download link, PowerDirector is supplied as two files, Program and Contents, both files are required for full use of all functions, these two files are not provided with the trial version.
Provide Tech. Support with a copy of your purchase invoice and the activation key, explain what happened and they should provide you with a download link for the full version.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 29. 2011 17:43

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Dave212321 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 15, 2011 09:16 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
I thought we left off with this discussion that the trail can be activated. Even tech support sent an email saying you can.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15934.page#77994
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dave,

Technical support were wrong in that post. On previous versions of PowerDirector it was possible to upgrade a trial version to a full version by installing what was called a Trial Activation Pack
The trial version of PDR9 is a file of approx 472mb, the full version is a Program Pack of 547mb and a Contents Pack of 643mb, so again I reiterate that you cannot activate a trial version just by installing the activation key. To convert the trial version to a full version you would still need a supplementary activation pack to install. CyberLink may still provide an activation pack for PowerDirector 9, but I think that is unlikely, as the program is supplied in two parts and it would be easier and cleaner to remove the trial version and then install the full version.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Long story short, my CD-Rom Drive split my CD in half! So I did not even have a chance to install the program.

1. I purchased the CyberLink PowerDirector 9 from a store in Washignton, DC.
2. Brought it with me to California.
3. Inserted the CD into my CD-ROM Drive and it somehow got split in half.

So now I am left with a broken CD, and my CD-Key.

Any suggestions? There must be somewhere where I can download the program online and plug in my CD-Key which I already paid for.

Does anybody have an answer to this?

Contact the store where you bought the Software and ask for a replacement CD.
I am sure that the mail from Washington DC, will get to California.

I would also replace the defective CD/DVD drive.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 01. 2011 09:27

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi enriquemexusmc,
I see you haven't answered so far to the many replies you've received.

Please follow Carl's suggestion. CyberLink are not obliged to provide any data to you since they can not confirm your purchase even when presenting the receipt issued by the third party company/store you obtained the program from. If you've registered your program the situation may be different and contacting technical support may help.

I sympathise with the breaking disc in your drive, having experienced this a good few years ago. The cause can be simply a change of temperature - going from extremes. I hope your drive still works as mine was broken by the shattered disc.

Trial version can't be worked as full version after 30 days. Users need to install uninstall Trial version and install full version.

Trial version has limited content pack (templates) so the size is smaller than full version. The Trial version is like the Ultra version's build except with some limitation.

The PowerDirector 9 Trial version doesn't include WaveEditor/PhotoNow itself when install. But if the end user already has WaveEditor/PhotoNow installed, for example, if the end user has Power2Go 7 or Media Suite installed which includes WaveEditor program, then the trial user can use WaveEditor with PowerDirector 9 trial version.

There are some limitations for Trial version:
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector/download_en_US.html?

1.Watermark at the beginning of produced videos (5 seconds)
2.30-day working trial
3.An encoding limit of 50 iPod/PSP files (follows AAC's trial guidelines)
4.SmartSound Library trial version
5.2 DVD menu templates
6.9 title templates
7.5 background templates
8.4 particle effect templates
9.7 PiP effect templates
10.4 Magic Movie style templates
11.3 slideshow style templates
12.Advanced photo editing feature only enabled with PhotoNow! Program

Hope this helps

Cofion gorau
Dafydd
enriquemexusmc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2011 07:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you all for your great advice! I contacted Technical Support and they were able to help me out.

Take care!