Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to upload to website
[Post New]
I produced my first movie, format .mov. How to I upload it from Power Director to my website? It's pretty large being HD, should I republish it in a smaller resolution for the web?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 28. 2011 01:26

Dustie
I'm still working on it....
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
WMV? Unless I missed something, WAV is an audio format. How long is the video? I use MP4 in 720p. In HD it can get large very quickly. I have some that are only a couple of minutes long that top 100MB. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
To answer the question, I personally use YouTube. I just log in to my account there and click the upload button. I don't use the upload feature in PD. If you have your own web site that you are uoploading to, the you would probably need the same FTP software that you would use for any other file upload. Then you embed a player in a web page to display the video.

There is several good video hosts that you can use. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
Yes, the HD is only 30 seconds and is 289MB. A bit large, but I'm hoping to be able to upload to Video Stock sites and they want the best definition.

I did mean .mov as the format so edited my original post to reflect that...thanks!

I'm going to be putting it on my own website, so I'll go ahead and republish it in a lower resolution for smaller size. I'm not sure how to embed a player into my site so that's the next step..guess I have to go learn to do that.

I'm 57 and feel like I'm starting all over again in College...my mind is so tired, but I really want to get this Video stuff down. I make a part time income from home on my websites and still graphics, but with video being the way of the future, all is going to pass me by unless I take the time now to get up to speed, starting with learning all about Video, how to make it, how to use it, how to share it.

So first things first...republish my mov in a lower format and learn how to embed a viewer in my website.

Thanks for your help Jaime!
Dustie
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dustie

You can use your Youtube account (if you have one) to embed videos into your website using the Youtube link in your account settings.

That way you do not have to downsize/degrade your original video quality.

Happy editing Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Dave212321 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 15, 2011 09:16 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Nightowl

Filezilla freeware seems to be the FTP of choice for uploading these days as the other FTP software/clients are getting overloaded with options an are confusing.

The server has to support embedded video into your webpage and you may need a few emails back and forth with the server administrator.

Here is one example of the code used:

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/streaming/embed/

I thinks its best to have the video play on demand rather than automatically play when someone goes to your webpage as many peoples browser freezes when that happens and then they click away from the page.

[Post New]
Thanks Dave,

I agree with Video on demand. They can just click the arrow and it will play is what I intend. I think for my website I'm going to look into using YouTube. That sounds like the simplest way.

I posted in a new thread that I also am wanting to be able to upload some clips to my account on the video stock site, Pond5.com. Now that's where I'm really having trouble! I've been working for three days on it now and to no avail. I'm searching the net for some kind of beginners guide to rendering video in the correct format that Pond5 is wanting. I'm just not sure Power Director was the right choice of editing software for me now. ;-(

Well, being as I'm a night owl...it's day out there so I really need to go to bed. I'm pretty discouraged right now so it's probably partially that I'm wearing down. A good day's sleep might help me see it all in a better light.

Thanks for your help!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 28. 2011 07:59

Dustie