Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365 doesn't recognize Diamond Video Capture VC500 drivers. (but works sometimes)
PhoenixRising [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2020 21:54 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am attempting to use PowerDirector 365 , and VC500 (Diamond Video Capture device) to capture home videos from VHS.

However when I select Capture Alt+F9 I get the following error mesaage from Power Director indicating that it dosen't see the capture device.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LUmRk3BUlPkAbS2gXxs9RuvOCki0TwGz/view?usp=sharing

I checked all the possible remedies in the error message with no luck.

Also when Power Director doesn’t see the driver, the EzGrabber software provided with the VC500 does see the driver and can capture video. This leads me to believe that PowerDirector has the issue.

I have seen other post regarding an Issue with the VC500 and previous version of Power Director, but nothing is helping my issues

The odd thing is it works once in awhile and PowerDirector see the driver, and I can capture the Video no problem. However more often than not it is no seeing the driver. This is Very anoying.

Any help on solving this or suggestion on where to look next.?

Thanks
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Few video editors will capture video over a USB-connected digitizer.

My tutorial shows you how to capture with the Diamond VC500 using third-party software. The captured video can then be edited in PowerDirector.

PhoenixRising [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2020 21:54 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Few video editors will capture video over a USB-connected digitizer.

My tutorial shows you how to capture with the Diamond VC500 using third-party software. The captured video can then be edited in PowerDirector.

Thank You for the information, your Totorial is very clear on how to capture video using the VC500.

I also tried and am using now the Potplayer you suggested, it is a much better and reliable way to capture videos.

You are correct that is is much better than using the Video Editor (PowerDirector)

Thanks