Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
USB Video Grabber problems
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Try a few different USB ports. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
There's an online manual on the Lidl site HERE. On page 9 or thereabouts it says:-

"Setup for first time use.
Installing the software.
The required software (drivers and applications) must first be installed before you plug in the device."

Pretty much standard instructions for all the USB peripherals I've used or setup in the past.
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
I have to agree because, as you said earlier, if you plug the device in first Windows will try to install it's own generic driver. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
AnaMonteiro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2020 14:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I bought a video grabber SilverCrest SVG 2.0 A2 from Lidl and it came with CyberLink PowerDirector 9. I had instaled successfully the Software and Drivers.

I tried to record old VHS videos but I just have sound and no image. The TV botton on PowerDirector 9 is on.

Thanks

Ana
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello

I bought a video grabber SilverCrest SVG 2.0 A2 from Lidl and it came with CyberLink PowerDirector 9. I had instaled successfully the Software and Drivers.

I tried to record old VHS videos but I just have sound and no image. The TV botton on PowerDirector 9 is on.

Thanks

Ana
Version 9! That's crazy old. I'm surprised it works. You have sound, that's good, but are you using S-video or RCA cables? The yellow cable is the video signal, you may have set the capture incorrectly. The control can be found in the CAPTURE interface, it's called "Settings". Look for the video source and match it to either S-video or composite.
The preferable source is S-Video, but unless you have it out from your source, it won't matter.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2020 15:31

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
brownca24 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2020 21:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
thanks
Desartco1946 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2021 08:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the video grabber and have the same problem as a number of previous members.
I have installed the power director software 9 and drivers as intructed in the manual. I have three times to get it to work with no success. Each time I have failed I have deleted the software and drivers and re-installed them as per the instructions.
I have connected two different devices but get the same problem each time.
The first device is a Hitachi VHS player connected via the scart socket and RCA plugs. The software does not automatically start as the instructions state. Upon running the software, the only thing recognised by the software is my system microphone. The only icons in the capture page that are highlighted are the microphone and the AVCHD.
I have also tried with a JVC DV camera using the S-video link but vstill have exactly the same problem. Please help.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This recent post may help: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84078.page .