Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can a computer's hard drive be "too full" for PD14 to work?
Robbie J. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2019 19:14 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
My SSD hard drive is 80 percent full and I suffer from stutter in some videos. It's intermittent and thoroughly perplexing, frustrating, and time-consuming, professionally speaking.

One problem may lay in the capacity or fullness of the computer's hard drive. (Not external.)

Is there any rule of thumb on the safety margin for a HD before it can affect PD's ability to perform?

My issues with PD stutter have been going on for as long as I've been using the program.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2021 19:01

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds more like the issues described in #4 in the FAQs
Robbie J. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2019 19:14 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sounds more like the issues described in #4 in the FAQs

Thanks, but it's not any of those issues addressed in the FAQ's you mentioned.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Those are the main reasons for sluggish editing performance. The only other typical causes are when using color look-up tables (CLUTs) and/or color presets, or when working with 4K clips on older, less capable hardware. Some high bitrate clips cause problems even on powerful machines.

Take a look at the Read Me Before Posting guide and share the DxDiag results so we can see all the technical details of your computer, and also please tell us which version of PD you're running.

You may also want to provide details on the kind of clips you're working with and if you typically make color corrections or use several FX.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2021 19:38

PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
hi. oldies but goodies' here.
Quote ... Is there any rule of thumb on the safety margin for a HD before it can affect PD's ability to perform? ...

old days you gotta give PD some virtual memory space around 100GB free HDD space...

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1