Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
POWER DIRECTOR 13 Videos captured from ION VHS 2 PC are jumpy and flashing. Help needed !
GARYHJP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2010 00:43 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
POWER DIRECTOR 13 Videos captured from ION VHS 2 PC are jumpy and flashing. Help needed !
 Filename
Bad capture.mpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
24200 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
64 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Try disabling Enable hardware decoding from Preferences | Hardware Acceleration
GARYHJP [Avatar]
[Post New]
I disabled hardware decoding from Preferences in Hardware Acceleration, no change at all. Thanks!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like possible tape dropouts from some old wrinkled tapes. Cleaning the vcr heads and adjusting the tracking can help on the bad portions of tape. You can also edit out the dropouts. Others and myself have done that before to save precious recordings. Scene detection is a good tool to use so you can locate the dropouts more easily.
GARYHJP [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Looks like possible tape dropouts from some old wrinkled tapes. Cleaning the vcr heads and adjusting the tracking can help on the bad portions of tape. You can also edit out the dropouts. Others and myself have done that before to save precious recordings. Scene detection is a good tool to use so you can locate the dropouts more easily.

As I am capturing the video I can see on the camcorder's 3 inch color screen a perfect, defect free image
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
it is a classic example of gigo(garbage in garbage out).

that 3" color screen says it all. hook it up to the 60" monitor and tell us what it does. if it is good as you say then it's the ION VHS 2 PC that sucks.

ION VHS 2 PC is the player and PD13 is recording what is fed through the USB cable.
just as Tomasc said it is your ION VHS 2 PC is the culprit not the PD13.

Quote ... on the camcorder's 3 inch color screen a perfect, defect free image

then ditch the ION VHS 2 PC and use the camcorder as a player!
hook it up and let the PD13 do its thing. you'll be happy happy joy joy. period.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
GARYHJP [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote it is a classic example of gigo(garbage in garbage out).

that 3" color screen says it all. hook it up to the 60" monitor and tell us what it does. if it is good as you say then it's the ION VHS 2 PC that sucks.

ION VHS 2 PC is the player and PD13 is recording what is fed through the USB cable.
just as Tomasc said it is your ION VHS 2 PC is the culprit not the PD13.

then ditch the ION VHS 2 PC and use the camcorder as a player!
hook it up and let the PD13 do its thing. you'll be happy happy joy joy. period.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Thanks I will give that a try. How do I get the tapes to play into my computer and Power Director 13 ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21. 2021 18:18

PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]

1. what make and model of your camcorder?

2. what kind of connections are available on the camcorder? s-video and or rca connectors or a firewire...

3. then what kind of connections are available on your desktop or a laptop?

4. last resort can you borrow from someone who has a vcr with the DvD recorder and or a DvD recorder with same inputs as your camcorder's output connectors iff your pc only have usb connectors and no firewire?

oh, happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 22. 2021 13:31

'no bridge too far'

Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
GARYHJP [Avatar]
[Post New]

1. what make and model of your camcorder?

2. what kind of connections are available on the camcorder? s-video and or rca connectors or a firewire...

3. then what kind of connections are available on your desktop or a laptop?

4. last resort can you borrow from someone who has a vcr with the DvD recorder and or a DvD recorder with same inputs as your camcorder's output connectors iff your pc only have usb connectors and no firewire?

oh, happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

On my Sony CCDTRV75 HI8 camcorder has s-video, RCA A/V, Lanc & RFU connectors. My Dell XPS 8700 computer has USB 2.0, USB 3.0, HDMI & DisplayPort.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21. 2021 23:52

PepsiMan
[Post New]
i'm going to assume that you're transfering the Hi-8 tape to ION VHS 2 PC then to your XPS-PD13 using usb cable???

ION VHS 2 PC is around $369.55 at the wallyworld.
i would've bought the used Panasonic DMR-EZ485V or DMR-EZ475V with the remote on eBay for less than $200.00-$250.00 instead. Panasonic DMR-EZ48V or DMR-EZ47V with the remote will work also. don't forget the remote. it's very important that remote controls eveything.
me? i have the Panni dmr-ez475v and dmr-eh75v and dmr-85h. laughing

ultimate cheap solution if you've spent the third stimulus check already then Diamond VC500 for $33.99 at the Amazon.

connections will be CCD TRV-75 to Diamond VC500 then to XPS. here's couple of the previous posts SONY HandyCam Model DRC-TRV22 and PowerDirector 365 doesn't on use of the Diamond VC500.

oh, happy happy joy joy. laughing

PepsiMan

Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
GARYHJP [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote i'm going to assume that you're transfering the Hi-8 tape to ION VHS 2 PC then to your XPS-PD13 using usb cable???

ION VHS 2 PC is around $369.55 at the wallyworld.
i would've bought the used Panasonic DMR-EZ485V or DMR-EZ475V with the remote on eBay for less than $200.00-$250.00 instead. Panasonic DMR-EZ48V or DMR-EZ47V with the remote will work also. don't forget the remote. it's very important that remote controls eveything.
me? i have the Panni dmr-ez475v and dmr-eh75v and dmr-85h. laughing

ultimate cheap solution if you've spent the third stimulus check already then Diamond VC500 for $33.99 at the Amazon.

connections will be CCD TRV-75 to Diamond VC500 then to XPS. here's couple of the previous posts SONY HandyCam Model DRC-TRV22 and PowerDirector 365 doesn't on use of the Diamond VC500.

oh, happy happy joy joy. laughing

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Thanks for your input. I bought the ION VHS 2 PC years ago for only $20 on eBay and it worked fine. I recently found some old home movies that I want to share with family members. Using the same XPS and I have replaced the graphics card with a Radeon RX550. I can't remember using the ION with the new graphics card! Could that be the problem?
PepsiMan
[Post New]
optodata already suggested to turn off HA and you've said no changes...

however, what i'm doing is process of elimination. for you it means going back to whenever everything worked if you don't want to spend any extra money.

you can look at the BarryTheCrab's toys here, VHS Conversion Advice Please?

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
GARYHJP [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote optodata already suggested to turn off HA and you've said no changes...

however, what i'm doing is process of elimination. for you it means going back to whenever everything worked if you don't want to spend any extra money.

you can look at the BarryTheCrab's toys here, VHS Conversion Advice Please?

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

I have been uninstalling this device and then reinstalling, hoping something would change. Also I connected it to a 2.0 USB on the top of my computer. Well, today I was able to use the device witout any defects or flickering of the image! Thank you for all your help. Without your feedback, I would have just given up on this device. Thanks again!