Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New issues - version 2218 versus 2101.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
The following quirks have appeared in PD16 - 2218 that were not present before in 2101 :

[olist]
  • When cutting a clip on the timeline sometimes (not all the time) after the cut is made the first few frames of the second half of the cut clip has severe distorted pixelating. Removing the cut and the problem disappears.

• Sometimes when cutting a clip the video and audio tracks seperate (un-link).

• After re-linking a video and audio track the audio track will not respond to manual adjustment of level on the timeline using the cntrl key and mouse.

• Frequently the audio track fails to display a graph on the timeline (an old problem from way back).

• Another OLD problem: Sometimes PD16 does not shut down properly and remains running in the background. The only way to kill it to restart it by using Windows Task manager ! Not a very polished method.

• Reverting back to 2101 FIXES some of the problems. Where is QC when you need it.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Nov 25. 2017 11:14

Win 10, i7
    ynotfish
    Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
    [Post New]
    Hi All vodi -

I've been running the 2218 beta patch since it was released & I'd never noticed any similar issues in my regular editing. Since you posted, I've been running a couple of dummy projects, both with 5-6 tracks in use, trying to replicate what you've found.

Aside from the long-standing issue of wave form not displaying, I haven't seen any of the issues you've noted. Doesn't mean they're not there - just haven't shown up here, yet.

One thing I noticed with the audio display... if it's "absent" & you slpit the clip, the wave form after the split will display instantly. Odd.

Cheers - Tony
    Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
    Full linked Tutorial Catalog
    PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
    [Post New]
    Quote Hi All vodi -

I've been running the 2218 beta patch since it was released & I'd never noticed any similar issues in my regular editing. Since you posted, I've been running a couple of dummy projects, both with 5-6 tracks in use, trying to replicate what you've found.

Aside from the long-standing issue of wave form not displaying, I haven't seen any of the issues you've noted. Doesn't mean they're not there - just haven't shown up here, yet.

One thing I noticed with the audio display... if it's "absent" & you slpit the clip, the wave form after the split will display instantly. Odd.

Cheers - Tony

I just noticed that in Release 2101 "enable open CL" is present as an option, but in 2218 it is not. I do not use it but it is a difference.

UPDATE: Using version 2218 and 2313

The first issue of pixelated artifacts being introduced after cutting a clip still remains with both version 2218 and 2313, HOWEVER, if one deselects "Enable hardware decoding" in the options menu the problem goes away.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2017 21:40