Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the link. I do have nvidia video card 260 series. I did update the driver about 5 months ago. I'll give PD9 another go once it gets sorted out.

Aaron
I had lots of footage I had to cut, to fit it all in a 4.5 min song.

In PD9 each fade was blocky. Maybe my computer just likes PD8 better.

Aaron
PD8 worked well, this was the video I ended up making http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpwjmWfSO4E

Aaron
I went back to using PD8, and the fades between scenes works smooth.

Its freezing during the fade, and I used overlap.

Im going to have another go tonight. But I'll try to be very careful when I drag and drop the different sections of video around the timeline.

In PD8 if I dragged video around the timeline, from where I dragged it from, the gap between the remaining sections of video in the timeline would automatically close, but whith PD9 they remain where they are, and I have to physically drag all of them one at a time back in a continiuos line again.

I did some paragliding footage the other day, and I have lots of short pieces of footage (about 10 seconds long each) I want to put together and fade from one to the other. I tried this last night, but maybe there was some tiny gaps in between my sections of video (because in PD9 when I drag and drop pieces of footage, I get that "Gap" between the sections of video that I have to go back and re-fill in) Maybe I have missed something that I need to do in PD9 so it automatically fills the gaps in the timeline once I move a section of footage out of it.

Some of the fades were ok, but there was alot that were blocky.

Aaron
Hi, its been a while since I used PD8, but I never had this problem with PD8.

I now have PD9, and when I put the Fade Transition in between 2 different sections of video in the timeline, it comes out a little blocky when I produce.

I have a Canon HFS11 and use 1920 X 1080 (24 fames) when I record onto the camera. And I use the same setting in AVC when I produce the video in PD9

It does automatically set itself on SVRT when I pick the 1920 X 1080 (24 fames) setting in Produce.

Some of the fades are smooth, and others are a little blocky and almost freeze for a tiny bit.

My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7, 64bit and it was plenty fast enough for PD8

Im not sure if I have all the setting correct on "Preferences" under Produce and Hardware ?

Thanks

Aaron
Hi Frédéric

I know 100% for sure my Panasonic Blu Ray player plays AVCHD, and most other brands also do. But I dont think any standard DVD players do. They may be some new ones that do, but it seems to be a technology built into Blu Ray Players, as a Blu Ray Player already plays HD, where DVD players dont play HD, as standard DVD's are only SD.

The other way to do it is get something like a WDTV Live media player http://www.wdc.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=735

I have one. You copy your HD video onto an external hard drive, or a USb memory stick, and you plug them into the WDTV Live, and it allows you to play them on a TV in HD. It is easily transportable, as it is only a little bigger than a pack of cards.

This also saves you from wasting DVD's as well.

Aaron
Hi Frédéric

I have the Canon HF S11. I have a laptop with a Blu Ray burner. I can burn AVCHD to a DVD-R.

Maybe you still need a Blu Ray Burner to burn AVCHD to a standard DVD. Im not 100% sure though.

You need a Blu Ray player to play AVCHD off a standard DVD, so you probably need a Blu Ray burner to burn it to a standard DVD.

Maybe your DVD Burner cant burn AVCHD to your standard DVD.

First try to burn the AVCHD file to your hard drive first, see if you can, and see if that works first.

Aaron
I have burned a few AVCHD disks onto a DVD-R disk. I have build 2508 patch, Intel i7 720 mobile processor.
Hi Hans-Peter

You cant do it. Once files have been modified at all, Imagemixer wont allow them. Imagemixer is terrible and slow to use. That is why I use PD8. I still use Imagemixer to copy video from Canon camcorder to my laptop.

I bought a WD TV live, It allows you to plug in a USB memory stick, or external hard drive, and plays FULL HD Video footage via a HDMI to any TV/Monitor ect.

The WD TV Live is only small too, so easy to carry around and take to other people to show them your video.
AVCHD does burn to a standard DVD (you will see under the options for a 4.7 or 8.5Gb disk, meaning a standard DVD) It is a way of getting high definition video to a standard DVD. But you need a Blu Ray player, or a computer that can play AVCHD files to be able to play it back.

I dont think the AVCHD format allows for itself to be played with. Thus not allowing anyone to change Bit rate, ect

I think this is what you meant.

Aaron
I have a Toshiba X500 with i7 720 processor, and it works very well. All my video footage is 1920x1080, and it edits/plays it seamlessly.

http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/notebooks/qosmio/x500/pqx33a-02g00j
With a bit of Trial & Error it seems that if I record a TV Show of about 1 hour long, it will convert it to a .m2ts file, but recordings of only a few seconds to a couple of minutes long, it just cant convert them to .m2ts.

Also if I convert them to DVR-MS files, they play on WD TV Live, but with no sound. There is sound on the .m2ts versions of the converted files
I just did a search, and it looks like I can right click on the mouse (over a .wtv file) and convert it to a DVR-MS file, and I think WD TV Live will play that format. I'll try
I have Power Director 8 build 2508, and have no problems editing, producing or buring files to Blu Ray disk, or AVCHD files ect.

Last night I recorded a TV show for the first time using Windows Media Centre. They record in .wts format. So they wont play on my new WDTV Live player (WDTV Live media player seems to play every other kind of file) So I opened up PowerDirector8, and tried to import the .wtv file. It worked the first time, it converted a .wtv file to a .m2ts file. It seems to convert the .wtv file to a file it recognises, in this case being a .m2ts file. And it played ok on my WDTV live media player. Then I tried to do it again with more .wtv files, and while importing, it gets stuck, on say 6% or 23% or whatever. So it converted once, but wont do it again !

Cant work out why. Is there any other easy way to convert a .wtv to a .m2ts ?

Thanks

Aaron
I'm surprised the 500 has a Blueray burner. I asked Toshiba if that was available in the 505 and they said no

I was wondering that too when I bought mine a couple of months ago. Mixed reports said different things. I bought mine from a shop that received their stock that included Blu Ray Burners. I have now burnt to a couple of Blu Ray disks, and the quality is really good. I like Blu Ray disks, I find they are a good for my partner to use, she can put them straight in the Blu Ray player and press "Play", easy. Mine is this model http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/notebooks/qosmio/x500/pqx33a-02g00j/specifications#details
Hi Kenneth

I have the Toshiba Qosmio X500 (Australian Version). It has i7-720QM processor at 1.6GHz and GeForce GTS250 (or GTX250, cant exactly remember) video card, 4Gb Ram, 1000Gb hard drive and it works very well with PD8. It wasn't till the 2508 patch till it worked well, now it works very well.

My Qosmio X500 came with a Blu Ray Burner. It burns AVCHD (onto standard DVD's) and Burns my native 1920 X 1080 video footage to Blu Ray disks very well.

Aaron
Is it possible to make different projects, and burn them to Blu Ray Disk without having to "Produce" all the projects first ?

Or must you "Produce" them all, and then add them to "Create Disk".

I know you can bypass "produce" and go directly to "Create Disk" with a single project, just wondering if, one day I can copy a whole bunch of projects to a BD without having to produce them all first.

My files are 1920x1080 24Mbps native, so I suppose if I do have to produce them all first, and save them in their native format, then if I do decide to copy them later to a BD, then I should not lose any quality.

Aaron
Do you have the 2508 patch (update) version. My windows 7 had lots of trouble with my Laptop i7 720 processor and PowerDirector8 version 2220. But fixed all problems once I updated to the newest patch 2508. It use to freeze all the time and did all sorts of silly things. Patch 2508 fixed 100% of the problems for me.
Last night I was messing around with lots of different formats in PowerDirector8 to "Produce" and "Create Disk" with.

I have a Blu Ray disk (LG 25GB), but after a few uses of the BD-RE disk, such a burning different formats onto it, it stopped working (I'll try a Verbatim BD-RE, I think they are a more stable BD-RE disk)

Anyway, I used the AVCHD format to burn my HD 1920X1080 footage to a standard DVD, and I was suprised of the quality. Of Course you need a Blu Ray Player that plays AVCHD files, but I was basically getting Blu Ray HD quality on a standard DVD-R. I thought that was pretty cool.

Aaron
Go to: