Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AVCHD disc option
bruce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2010 15:05 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, im am quite new to powerdirector and maybe im missing something here, but it seems crazy to me that when creating a avchd disc there is no way to change the bitrate's etc to make it fit to a dvd disc.

cheers
Aaron Richards [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Jan 21, 2010 16:20 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
AVCHD does burn to a standard DVD (you will see under the options for a 4.7 or 8.5Gb disk, meaning a standard DVD) It is a way of getting high definition video to a standard DVD. But you need a Blu Ray player, or a computer that can play AVCHD files to be able to play it back.

I dont think the AVCHD format allows for itself to be played with. Thus not allowing anyone to change Bit rate, ect

I think this is what you meant.

Aaron

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Mar 01. 2010 22:59

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Aaron & Bruce -

In Create Disc, there are 3 options for AVCHD DVD. These affect the quality & size of files.

In Produce, apart from the various options under Profile/Quality, you can customise a profile to your own needs.

The attached images show the options available.

Cheers - Tony

[Thumb - AVC_Custom Profile.jpg]
 Filename
AVC_Custom Profile.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
93 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
118 time(s)
[Thumb - AVCHD_quality.jpg]
 Filename
AVCHD_quality.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
99 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
117 time(s)
[Thumb - Prod_AVCHD.jpg]
 Filename
Prod_AVCHD.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
112 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2010 23:51

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
bruce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2010 15:05 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, and thanks for reply. i understand that i can export an AVCHD file and mess around with its settings, but i just dont see the point in that unless i can burn it to dvd. in corel video studio you can create a AVCHD dvd and are able to change the bit rates before you burn to disc but are not able to with powerdirector. corel video studio is very slow thats why i would prefer to be able to do this with powerdirector.

cheers
Aaron Richards [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Jan 21, 2010 16:20 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I have burned a few AVCHD disks onto a DVD-R disk. I have build 2508 patch, Intel i7 720 mobile processor.