Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Preview Hangs
[Post New]
I've got PD8, version 8.00.2220. As per the suggestions from this forum, I got a new Win 7 machine. So I know my problem can't be horsepower. See attached diag file.

I've noticed that when I put together a segment, even a simple 2 minute video with just 4 simple fades, I'm able to preview it one time through without problems.

But when I try to preview it again as I continue to edit the video, the preview screen freezes and all I can hear is the audio.

When I click the pause icon, the program hangs and I have to wait for 10 or so seconds before my click will actually do something and in fact pause the preview. It's as if PD8 is doing something in the background then letting me continue.

I can't do any kind of previewing of my edits which is really frustrating because I got a brand new machine AND upgraded to PD8 because I was having this very same problem with PD6 and my Windows 2000 machine.

Is there some kind of program cache or something that's filling up? It doesn't matter if I do this with the most basic, small video file sizes or large HD files; I can preview through once then when I try to preview again, I get these pauses and freezes.

Thanks,

- Andy
 Filename
AndyLongDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)
Aaron Richards [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Jan 21, 2010 16:20 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have the 2508 patch (update) version. My windows 7 had lots of trouble with my Laptop i7 720 processor and PowerDirector8 version 2220. But fixed all problems once I updated to the newest patch 2508. It use to freeze all the time and did all sorts of silly things. Patch 2508 fixed 100% of the problems for me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2010 21:50

[Post New]
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the input. However, I've read a lot of posts in this forum about problems people have had when they upgraded to 2508.

Can anyone else give me some feedback on that? Seems doing what was referred to as a full upgrade worked better than the 2508 patch.

- Andy
[Post New]
Ok, I went ahead and did the 2508 upgrade.

Went into the projects I had created that had the hanging problems before. Still they hang when I preview.

So I created a brand new project, threw in about 5 segments with various transitions between them and saved the project.

Same thing; it ran through the Preview fine the first time. Then every time after that it hangs, hangs, hangs. The video hangs but not the audio. I can hear the audio the whole way through. What seems to trip it up the first time it hangs is right at the transition effect. See my original post for details.

This really makes me mad. I spent all this money to get rid of this problem and I still have it!

Someone please help!

Thanks,

- Andy