Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Toshiba Qosmio computer
Kenneth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2010 18:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am planning on purchasing a Toshiba Qosmio-Q880 laptop computer to run PD8ultra movie editing (and other applications). I want to make sure it is fast enough to edit DVD quality movies and AVCHD quality in the future. Is anyone using this computer (i7-720QM processor at 1.6GHz and GeForce GTS350M video card) with PD8?
Do you have any concerns or suggestions?? Thanks.
Aaron Richards [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Jan 21, 2010 16:20 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kenneth

I have the Toshiba Qosmio X500 (Australian Version). It has i7-720QM processor at 1.6GHz and GeForce GTS250 (or GTX250, cant exactly remember) video card, 4Gb Ram, 1000Gb hard drive and it works very well with PD8. It wasn't till the 2508 patch till it worked well, now it works very well.

My Qosmio X500 came with a Blu Ray Burner. It burns AVCHD (onto standard DVD's) and Burns my native 1920 X 1080 video footage to Blu Ray disks very well.

Aaron

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 16. 2010 00:02

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Kenneth -

There's an on-the-ground review for you. Aaron - it's a GTS 250M. There's a review here... http://blog.laptopmag.com/hands-on-toshibas-qosmio-x500-gaming-rig-has-quad-core-conservative-design

There's a review of the Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880 here http://alatest.com/review-analysis/laptop-reviews/toshiba-qosmio-x505/pa3-87241184,30/ It uses a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M graphics card, so it should do what you want.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Kenneth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2010 18:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the feedback. Was helpful. I'm surprised the 500 has a Blueray burner. I asked Toshiba if that was available in the 505 and they said no -- only Blueray reading, not burning. Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2010 09:34

Aaron Richards [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Jan 21, 2010 16:20 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I'm surprised the 500 has a Blueray burner. I asked Toshiba if that was available in the 505 and they said no

I was wondering that too when I bought mine a couple of months ago. Mixed reports said different things. I bought mine from a shop that received their stock that included Blu Ray Burners. I have now burnt to a couple of Blu Ray disks, and the quality is really good. I like Blu Ray disks, I find they are a good for my partner to use, she can put them straight in the Blu Ray player and press "Play", easy. Mine is this model http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/notebooks/qosmio/x500/pqx33a-02g00j/specifications#details