Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning AVCHD to a DVD is pretty cool.
Aaron Richards [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Jan 21, 2010 16:20 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Last night I was messing around with lots of different formats in PowerDirector8 to "Produce" and "Create Disk" with.

I have a Blu Ray disk (LG 25GB), but after a few uses of the BD-RE disk, such a burning different formats onto it, it stopped working (I'll try a Verbatim BD-RE, I think they are a more stable BD-RE disk)

Anyway, I used the AVCHD format to burn my HD 1920X1080 footage to a standard DVD, and I was suprised of the quality. Of Course you need a Blu Ray Player that plays AVCHD files, but I was basically getting Blu Ray HD quality on a standard DVD-R. I thought that was pretty cool.

Aaron

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2010 17:49

[Post New]
It didn't changed nothing, only the storage media.
The quality still 1920x1080 avchd, it just changed the burn media, in this case DVD that support less time.

A regular DVD is 720x480 or 720x576 in this case it needs to be reencoded.
MIKE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2010 09:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having issues burning my files to avchd onto a regular disc. It keeps hanging. It just hangs around 36% or so. Any suggestions? I am using PD8 ultra. I am able to produce standard Dvd's without a problem. Where do I look to find out if I have the correct version. Thanks in advance.
Mike
[Post New]
Hey Mike how it hangs?
No error message?