Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem importing .wtv (windows media centre) files
Aaron Richards [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Jan 21, 2010 16:20 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I have Power Director 8 build 2508, and have no problems editing, producing or buring files to Blu Ray disk, or AVCHD files ect.

Last night I recorded a TV show for the first time using Windows Media Centre. They record in .wts format. So they wont play on my new WDTV Live player (WDTV Live media player seems to play every other kind of file) So I opened up PowerDirector8, and tried to import the .wtv file. It worked the first time, it converted a .wtv file to a .m2ts file. It seems to convert the .wtv file to a file it recognises, in this case being a .m2ts file. And it played ok on my WDTV live media player. Then I tried to do it again with more .wtv files, and while importing, it gets stuck, on say 6% or 23% or whatever. So it converted once, but wont do it again !

Cant work out why. Is there any other easy way to convert a .wtv to a .m2ts ?

Thanks

Aaron

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22. 2010 04:58

Aaron Richards [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just did a search, and it looks like I can right click on the mouse (over a .wtv file) and convert it to a DVR-MS file, and I think WD TV Live will play that format. I'll try
Aaron Richards [Avatar]
[Post New]
With a bit of Trial & Error it seems that if I record a TV Show of about 1 hour long, it will convert it to a .m2ts file, but recordings of only a few seconds to a couple of minutes long, it just cant convert them to .m2ts.

Also if I convert them to DVR-MS files, they play on WD TV Live, but with no sound. There is sound on the .m2ts versions of the converted files

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22. 2010 06:41

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting.

There are other posts on the forum relating to the file format

Dafydd
[Moderator]