Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Last night I was messing around with lots of different formats in PowerDirector8 to "Produce" and "Create Disk" with.

I have a Blu Ray disk (LG 25GB), but after a few uses of the BD-RE disk, such a burning different formats onto it, it stopped working (I'll try a Verbatim BD-RE, I think they are a more stable BD-RE disk)

Anyway, I used the AVCHD format to burn my HD 1920X1080 footage to a standard DVD, and I was suprised of the quality. Of Course you need a Blu Ray Player that plays AVCHD files, but I was basically getting Blu Ray HD quality on a standard DVD-R. I thought that was pretty cool.

Aaron
I have a i7 laptop with Windows 7 64bit installed and I had alot of crashes with build 2220. The 2508 patch fixed all the crashes for me.

Aaron
Hi Andy

So are AVC files HD. If so, how does a standard DVD play back HD ? Or is AVC a format that a standard DVD can handle ?

Like I said, I get confused at the moment by the different formats (MPEG, MPEG2, .AVI, AVC.264, .MOV ect) and dont fully understand which format is better and when.

Thanks
Aaron
Hi, I am quite new to Video Editing. I have a Canon HF S11, 1920 x 1080 Full HD camera, and a new laptop with a i7 processor and a Blu Ray burner. I also have a HD Plasma TV and a HD projector, and a seperate Sony Bly Ray player (hooked up to the TV and Projector)

My question is, what is the best format to use in "Produce" to get the best picture quality, and to be able to play on my AV system. My Sony Blu Ray player says it will play AVCHD files.

From what I can work out. If I produce using the AVC .264 format onto a Blu Ray disk, that will be the best quality picture. Is this correct ?

Also what is the best quality for if I want to Burn a project to a DVD (Standard Definition) for friends who dont have a Blu Ray player ? Is MPEG2 the best for SD playback, or can I burn AVCHD files to a Standard Definition DVD, or is .AVI or .WMV a better option ?

I Just dont fully understand all the different formats to "Produce" under.

Thanks

Aaron

Go to: