Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you. I was a bit concerned about buying something that still would not work with my new PowerDirector 365.
Much appreciated.
Can anyone advice on a suitable device to I can use to connect my old VCR player to my Windows 10 laptop. I have used EasyCap on previous version of Windows and PowerDirector but PowerDirector no longer recognises EasyCap. My laptop has the correct drivers etc. for EasyCap but PowerDirector 365 does not show the device under the list of Capture devices.
That is even better news. Thanks for the reply.
Thanks for the help and advice everyone. I have now got this sorted, full version 9 installed and upgraded to version 11 - and very impressed with it all.
Managed to download the file today after about 10 tries overall.
Now I can get it all installed!
Hi everyone,
I have decided to upgrade to PD11 Ultimate (from PD9 not that that is part of the problem). On downloading the 3_CyberLink_PowerDirector11_ContentPack_Premium_etc. file (not the full name), I get an error message stating that the download was not completed and when I look at the file, it appears to be all there except it has 'partial' at the end of the file name. It take 30 to 40 minutes to do this and says it has downloaded 100% then I get the error message. I have tried this download on my desktop (several times) and my laptop, both give the same error message. All the other files download without a problem. Any suggestions?
Yes, I have considered it but I always look at enticements to upgrade as a company's way of saying 'thanks for purchasing our software in the past, would you like to continue with us at a special price'.
I originally started way back with PowerProducer 2 and subsequent upgrades then on to PowerDirector 5 and subsequent upgrades to PowerDirector 9. Once I got to 9, I started having all sorts of problems and getting the message 'PowerDirector has stopped working' and yes, I had all the latest drivers etc.. At this point I decided to rebuild my PC (Windows 7 64bit, etc.) - at the time it was just one year old and plenty capable of handling the software. When I tried to reinstall PD9 I got the message I needed to install version 8, this occurred several times going backwards each time with lots of uninstalls and 'start again' etc. I eventually got there after a lot of work but still had problems.
In the end I gave up with PowerDirector for the time being.
Now I am considering PowerDirector 11. Do I really have to go all the way back to 2007 installs first? I am not even sure if I have the old software still available however, I still have the keys.
Seems like a lot of work if I want to install PowerDirector as an upgrade or I have to rebuild my PC (or I purchase a new one).
I had a similar problem with a camcorder recording someone sent me about a year ago. If I remember correctly, I separated the sound track from the video then split the video and sound into several clips.
It worked for me. I have not had any problems with video I recorded on my own camcorder.
Thanks again for all the help. I have updated the NVIDIA drivers as suggested (after creating a restore point of course...) and hope this has cured the problem.
I can now get on with my projects without waiting for it all to crash!
Ian
Hi FredB
I have just run Driver Update and it tells me I have the latest NVidia driver installed, am I missing something here?
Thanks for all the advice so far,
Ian
Thanks for all the replies so far. I did an NVIDIA driver update and my machine crashed a few days later so I rolled back then but I will recheck the drivers. I have attached my latest DXDiag files (including 64bit); I did not appreciate my old DXDiag file would still be on the system - maybe even a different PC, I am trying to remember when I last updated.
Thanks again,
Ian
Hi 1Nina,
thanks for that. I have downloaded a RAR expander and will take it from there. I assume I now uninstall Power Director then run each of those packages to clean up before re-installing.
Thanks again
Ian
Hi everyone,
every so often my Power Director 9 (Ultra64 Version 9.0.0.2930) stops working with the message 'Power Director has stopped working' and with no further information. This has happened at various stages of creating both photo based and video based productions. It can happen when I am Editing (the last time was when I was adding photos to my project), when Producing a file, and when Creating Discs.
My PC is running on Windows 7 64bit and is about 18 months old and powerful enough to run my flight sim (so should be able to run Power Director I would think).
I was going to reinstall but I notice the cleanup files in this forum are stored in RAR format which I can not expand without going to further expense of purchasing an expander.
Anyone got any suggestions?
Ian

p.s. Power Director 8 always worked without a hitch.
Just been caught with something similar. I use a download accelerator and, forgetting the 5 downloads restriction, started to download the first file of the PowerDirector 9 upgrade set. The download failed and now I am waiting for support to reset my count so that I can download the file properly (and more carefully! and using just one channel|).
Maybe a warning on the notification email and/or download web page (in bold with flashing lights and large pointing fingers etc. as well) would be appropriate to remind users of this limit.
I do not download that often.
OK, thanks for the hint. If I work out what was going on I will post it on the forum.
Ian
I have just this minute finished testing that approach and it appears to be a work arround.
As you suggested, I removed the original files from the timeline and added in the Produced file instead - this did not make any difference once I Created the file. I then extracted the audio from the Produced file, muted the audio on the timeline, and added the extracted audo to the music track. This still did not work until I used Split to split the Produced file and the extracted audio file at several points - I actually used my Chapter points here.
This now works.
I am still a bit concerned as to what caused the original problem, i.e. why can I not just Create my original Project.
Thanks again for getting back to me.
Using PowerDirector Ultra 8.00.3022 and I have attached a diagnostic file.
My HP PC is running Windows 7, just under 1 year old, quad processor, 4Gb of RAM, masses of hard disk.
I am creating a DVD for a neighbour's wedding with a run time of just over 1 hour.
I have:
1. Imported all the photos, music (where required) and video files
2. Removed unwanted parts of the video files
3. Added the Chapters
4. Went to Create and run the Preview, everything was in sync.

On my first try I Created the DVD (Create Disc). When I was test running this, I noticed that the video sound was out of sync with the video (from the camcorder VOB files) for the speeches (very important obviously!).

I then tried rendering the project (Produce) - everything is in sync again on these files. I tried Creating the DVD again, still out of sync.

I have tried Creating using various combinations of original files and rendered files - as soon as I Create the DVD, the sound goes out of sync.

In summary, when I play the individual files outside of PD, all is well, when I preview the Project within PD, all is well; when I Produce the files, all is well; when I go to Create and run the Preview, all is well; when I actually create the DVD, on the sections created via camcorder, the sound is out of sync with the picture. (the other parts of the project is music so can not tell when it goes out of sync)

I notice the sound/video appears to be in sync near the beginning of the project (the wedding vows) but is well out of sync much later during the speeches.

I have searched the forums and tried the various suggestions I found e.g. deleting the Master Video Track and Undoing; nothing appears to fix the problem.

Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong?
Thanks
Hi Dwight,
glad you got there - it's a great feeling when these things work out in the end.
Of course, all thanks to Jan in the other post for working the process out in the first place.
Ian
Glad you found it helpful. As in the post, I actually did 3 installs; first one from the recovery disk files, second from the files downloaded as in the post (sp44353.exe etc.), the third I just ran my upgrade .exe file again. It looks like the result of the second install gets rid of the lock on the files which were causing the problem. Have you tried just running your upgrade file now?
Ian
Go to: