Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrading to PowerDirector 11
IANACGrant [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2009 09:30 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I originally started way back with PowerProducer 2 and subsequent upgrades then on to PowerDirector 5 and subsequent upgrades to PowerDirector 9. Once I got to 9, I started having all sorts of problems and getting the message 'PowerDirector has stopped working' and yes, I had all the latest drivers etc.. At this point I decided to rebuild my PC (Windows 7 64bit, etc.) - at the time it was just one year old and plenty capable of handling the software. When I tried to reinstall PD9 I got the message I needed to install version 8, this occurred several times going backwards each time with lots of uninstalls and 'start again' etc. I eventually got there after a lot of work but still had problems.
In the end I gave up with PowerDirector for the time being.
Now I am considering PowerDirector 11. Do I really have to go all the way back to 2007 installs first? I am not even sure if I have the old software still available however, I still have the keys.
Seems like a lot of work if I want to install PowerDirector as an upgrade or I have to rebuild my PC (or I purchase a new one).
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi IANACGrant,
Have you considered buying the full build and moving forward? Multiple upgrading is a route that is more likely to bring problems for any editor/system.
Just my opinion.
Dafydd
IANACGrant [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I have considered it but I always look at enticements to upgrade as a company's way of saying 'thanks for purchasing our software in the past, would you like to continue with us at a special price'.
R0B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2010 17:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
It's silly they can't just ask for the previous version keys the way Adobe products like Lightroom for example do.
We can have discount pricing but not a clean install....crazy.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi IANACGrant,
I have made an inquiry since I last wrote on this thread. Please can you IANACGrant make contact via customer support system. I'm told the support team can help you. Please make sure you mention your past purchases etc. Link: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do
Dafydd
IANACGrant [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the help and advice everyone. I have now got this sorted, full version 9 installed and upgraded to version 11 - and very impressed with it all.
Mau1wurf1977 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 14, 2012 00:55 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
This time around you can just paste the key from your previous version. So you can do a clean install!
[Thumb - PD11 Ultra Upgrade.JPG]
 Filename
PD11 Ultra Upgrade.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
209 time(s)
IANACGrant [Avatar]
[Post New]
That is even better news. Thanks for the reply.
VINODk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2011 06:08 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I bought version 8 and never used it because of too many errors and issues with the software.
now i want to give it a try by upgrading it to version 11.

currently i do not have an installed version and when i tried to look in to the members area it has no info there (empty).
i downloaded a trial version installed it, thinking i can upgrade from the software..but no use..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2013 22:01