Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio out of sync and computer upgrade questions
DigitalVision [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2011 14:17 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Everyone:
I'm a newbie and trying to maneuver through the world of video editing with PD9. I just produced a relatively simple video with 5 interviews and an open and close I produced in Photodex ProShow. The entire production is only about 4 1/2 minutes.

First problem is that I can't even view it properly in playback because it sputters and stalls and the audio and video are nowhere in sync.

Then I tried producing the video in several different formats (mpeg4, avi, mov) and the final product is out of sync by a slight amount, but nevertheless, the audio and video do not match up.

I believe the computer I'm working on may need some upgrades before I can attempt to do any serious video work. I have attached the system set up to see if anyone can please make a few recommendations on what I need to do to get this thing working.

I have a client waiting for the final product and I feel like an idiot not being able to deliver a fairly simple project. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you so much to everyone on this forum for being so helpful!

Cheri
DigitalVision360
[Thumb - system info screen shot.JPG]
 Filename
system info screen shot.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
System Screen Shot
 Filesize
196 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
122 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2011 18:45

IANACGrant [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2009 09:30 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I had a similar problem with a camcorder recording someone sent me about a year ago. If I remember correctly, I separated the sound track from the video then split the video and sound into several clips.
It worked for me. I have not had any problems with video I recorded on my own camcorder.
Hugo Geyskens
Newbie Location: Antwerp, Belgium Joined: Aug 21, 2011 11:25 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hi cheri,
2 mb of RAM is REALLY poor.. : I have 4GB , but ordered an additional 8GB last week.

Make sure your system harddisk (the one you boot your PC with) has at least 100 GB avaiable space.
I see 160G+160G+2T+2T harddisks... would be good that one of the newer 2T would become your system boot drive...
They are newer , so faster...

Don't know about your video card, but your CPU seems a bit weak too... AMD 64 2ghz...
I'm not the expert , but for video editing , I would advice a stronger machine...

My 2 cents...
Hugo
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
First of all the info you gave us is not what we need. Go here and do part B and attach your Dxdiag. That tells us what is really going on with your machine....

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Then if you are able to run PD9 we can start on your editing issues. Sounds like you just need to "learn" how to work with the timeline.

Until you do that don't get excited about what has been said so far. But be prepared for bad news... if anything we see so far is true. But if 2MB RAM is all you have.............. PD9 aint gonna work for you... PD3 maybe...

Go here and see the minimum requirements for PD9:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/requirements_en_US.html

DO NOT BELIEVE the minimums for disk space. In real life 100 gig free disk space is required at all times on your "C" drive...

3 GIG min for RAM for 32 bit OS is right...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 06. 2011 10:53

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link