Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video and Sound out of sync after Create
IANACGrant [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2009 09:30 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Using PowerDirector Ultra 8.00.3022 and I have attached a diagnostic file.
My HP PC is running Windows 7, just under 1 year old, quad processor, 4Gb of RAM, masses of hard disk.
I am creating a DVD for a neighbour's wedding with a run time of just over 1 hour.
I have:
1. Imported all the photos, music (where required) and video files
2. Removed unwanted parts of the video files
3. Added the Chapters
4. Went to Create and run the Preview, everything was in sync.

On my first try I Created the DVD (Create Disc). When I was test running this, I noticed that the video sound was out of sync with the video (from the camcorder VOB files) for the speeches (very important obviously!).

I then tried rendering the project (Produce) - everything is in sync again on these files. I tried Creating the DVD again, still out of sync.

I have tried Creating using various combinations of original files and rendered files - as soon as I Create the DVD, the sound goes out of sync.

In summary, when I play the individual files outside of PD, all is well, when I preview the Project within PD, all is well; when I Produce the files, all is well; when I go to Create and run the Preview, all is well; when I actually create the DVD, on the sections created via camcorder, the sound is out of sync with the picture. (the other parts of the project is music so can not tell when it goes out of sync)

I notice the sound/video appears to be in sync near the beginning of the project (the wedding vows) but is well out of sync much later during the speeches.

I have searched the forums and tried the various suggestions I found e.g. deleting the Master Video Track and Undoing; nothing appears to fix the problem.

Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong?
Thanks
 Filename
IanGrantDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
343 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
IANACGrant,

I have a question.

I then tried rendering the project (Produce) - everything is in sync again on these files

Have you tried removing the current videos that are in the timeline then putting the above produced file on the timeline. Go to Create Disk module and burn a DVD Folder.

Is the DVD now in sync?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2010 08:56

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

IANACGrant [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have just this minute finished testing that approach and it appears to be a work arround.
As you suggested, I removed the original files from the timeline and added in the Produced file instead - this did not make any difference once I Created the file. I then extracted the audio from the Produced file, muted the audio on the timeline, and added the extracted audo to the music track. This still did not work until I used Split to split the Produced file and the extracted audio file at several points - I actually used my Chapter points here.
This now works.
I am still a bit concerned as to what caused the original problem, i.e. why can I not just Create my original Project.
Thanks again for getting back to me.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Good that you found a work around.

If I were to guess, I would think there might have been an effect or transition that threw the sound out of sync. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

IANACGrant [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, thanks for the hint. If I work out what was going on I will post it on the forum.
Ian