Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
problem installign update
Blair [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2010 12:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
a while ago i purchased Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra 7.3. I havent used it for a while and just today i went to instlal it on my windows 7 Professional Machine. it installed fine and as soon as i launched it, it asked me to download an update which i did. the file that was downloaded was called CyberLink.5711_TaRe43_DVD090826-05.exe.

when i run the update it says its installing and takes a few minutes and eventually gives me an error message saying:
"Error 2932. Could not create file C:\Windows\Installer\{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}\1033.mst from script data. Error: 32."

When i Clicked ok, it said it was rollign back the update and then i get another error that says:
"ComponentMoveData had the followign error:
Component:
FileGroup:
File:
Error Number: -1603"

I have attached screenshots of the error messages so how can I get this update to install properly?
[Thumb - CyberLink_Update_Rollback_Error.GIF]
 Filename
CyberLink_Update_Rollback_Error.GIF
[Disk]
 Description
second error - happened during rollback.
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
469 time(s)
[Thumb - CyberLink_Update_Error.GIF]
 Filename
CyberLink_Update_Error.GIF
[Disk]
 Description
first error
 Filesize
46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
444 time(s)
Blair [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2010 12:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i have tried running it as administrator and a few other tricks I came across online and nothign seems to work.
[Post New]
Here's exactly the same. Same OS, same PDVD Version and the same error. N>Input!

~Kamikaze~
Johann-Baptist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2007 17:46 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
same here. Moving from Vista to Win7. In order to install the PDVD 9 upgrade for win 7 I need to install the old 7.3 ultra deluxe (fine), forced to upgrade as descibed before - same errors.
I've disabled virus scanning.
Help please, cyberlink.
IANACGrant [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2009 09:30 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I have had exactly the same problems with Windows 7 system when I tried to re-install the Cyberlink DVD Suite Gold. The error I get is 'Error 2932. Could not create file c:\windows\installer\{40BFI183-20EB-11D8-97C5-0009C5020588/1033.mst from script data: error: 32'.
I purchase the update less than 6 months ago - Cyberlink assured me it was Windows 7 compatible!
When I run the upgrade, it deletes to old versions then gives me the error message.
Hello Cyberlink, any chance of some help here!
Ian
Dwight [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2010 19:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi:

I have a Windows 7 Ultimate running in a HP i7 3.3GHz w/ 12 Gigs RAM machine and ran into the same problem.

The software that came with the machine ran fine and it peaked my interest. SO I bought the highest upgrade and when I tried to install it, it deleted my older version and has the errors you show.

When I tried to reinstall the new upgrade, it stops because the program cannot find the old version originally installed on the machine.

There was $80.00 well spent........................

What's the fix?????????????????
IANACGrant [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dwight,
have a look at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/10233/ENU.page#49325

I followed this and got it to work, it did not take that long to do. Sounds long winded but it is quite easy really as long as you take your time (although I nearly forgot to do step 8 which is the full install of your upgrade!).
Good luck,
Ian
Dwight [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ian:

Thanks for the lead.

This has allowed me to at least get back to my "factory installed" version of CyberLink DVD Suite.

The powerDirector 7 is working.

So, now I just need to figure out how to install that upgrade I bought.

dB.................
IANACGrant [Avatar]
[Post New]
Glad you found it helpful. As in the post, I actually did 3 installs; first one from the recovery disk files, second from the files downloaded as in the post (sp44353.exe etc.), the third I just ran my upgrade .exe file again. It looks like the result of the second install gets rid of the lock on the files which were causing the problem. Have you tried just running your upgrade file now?
Ian
Dwight [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ian:

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!

The 3 stage process works!
- Get the HP OEM files back intact thru RESTORE files or a RESTORE POINT.
- Go to HP website and DLOAD the (4) files shown on the 8 step process link.
- Install the new UPGRADE link from CyberLink.

I concur that the new HP (4) files must do something to correct the process of upgrading. It cost me about 10 hrs of trial and error correction to just get back to the factory OEM settings (not a good use of a weekend).

I will say that CyberLink did respond to my Help Desk ticket within 24 hrs on a "weekend" (thank you guys!) and promised a link once they knew which type of PC hardware I had.

But it was your follow up Ian that did the trick and I am making a back up and restore point right now.

Thank you again for helping out and making this a positive forum!

dB..............................
IANACGrant [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dwight,
glad you got there - it's a great feeling when these things work out in the end.
Of course, all thanks to Jan in the other post for working the process out in the first place.
Ian
Craig [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 09, 2012 09:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having this problem, too, but with PowerDVD 12 (trial) and Windows 8. (The retail DVD would just crash the PC every time, so I thought I'd try the trial download and upgrade it for the new Win8 version, but no joy -- can't get it installed, so upgrades don't do anything useful.)