Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Carol.
Short answer..."Yes!" This is directly from the Help file in PDR 6:

Change the Speed of a Video Clip
Slow-motion or fast-motion effects can grab your audience's attention as well as break up the rhythm of a movie.

To change the speed of a video clip, do this:

Select the clip you want to modify.

Click Speed. The Video Speed Options panel is displayed.

Select the desired Audio setting, as follows:

1. Select Stretch to stretch the audio portion to the same proportion as the video portion.
2. Select Mute button to mute the audio all together.
3. Set the new speed. You may do this in one of two ways:

- Drag the slider to increase or decrease the speed.
- Enter a duration in the New video length box. (This method allows more accurate control, as you can specify a length down to the frame level.)

Note: Clips with stretched audio can be slowed down to 0.50 X the original speed or sped up to 2.0 X the original speed. Clips with muted audio can be slowed down to 0.10 X the original speed or sped up to 10 X the original speed.

4. Click to close the Video Speed Options panel.

Hi Zach,

My fault...I did not even think of all the animations. The good news is that PowerDirector lets you create a lot of the same text animations in the Title Effects Room.

So the best result for you would be to recreate it in PDR...I know it will be time consuming, but in the end you will have more creative control and it will be of better quality. Maybe just same some of the images, etc. that are in the PP...or just import the originals directly in the PDR.

good luck

David
Hi Zach,

The easy answer...I saved a PowerPoint presentation I had in JPEG format. PP asked me if I wanted to save ALL the slides or just one. I selected all and it put it in a seperate folder for me.

Then I simply imported all the JPEGs into PowerDirector and I can do as I please. You can also save as BMPs, GIFs and PNG...so whatever makes your presentation look the best.

Hope that helps

Dave
Hi Martin,
You should submit this issue to CyberLink Customer Support, and provide them with the complete details (your PC specs, steps you took, where the files you are importing are, etc.)

I am sure they will do everything they can to help...here are mostly users who may just run into the same problem, not know the solution.

Fill out the customer support page here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp
PowerDirector 6 supports the following files:

Image: JPEG, TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG

Video: HD MPEG-2, DVR-MS, DV-WMV, WMV-HD, MOV, MOD, DivX,

Audio: MP3, WAV, WMA, ASF

So no DVI support it looks like
Hi Barry,
You need to place ALL the photos that you want into the timeline first. Then, select them ALL (you can left click in the timeline and choose "Select All").
Then click on slideshow, select the style and then click on ok. You will see the pictures you inserted change to one "entity" (for lack of a better term) and the slideshow style applied.

Michelle - The short answer is "No." You can't remove the background it inserts.
Hi Zach,
That's what I thought you meant. I believe the answer is no, because you can only create a disc containing one video/movie...with multiple chapters. In PowerProducer you can insert more than one video file on a disc, each video having multiple chapters...therefore multi-layered.

Funny that the menu designer in PowerDirector 6 seems so much better than PowerProducer though.

Hope that helped
Hi.
I am not sure exactly what you mean by multi-layer (do you mean many pages?)...but the DVD Authoring section has improved a lot and is even better than in PowerProducer. It says it is improved "DVD Template Designer - 29 new designs, moveable buttons, text and color tools let you create stylish menus for your movie DVDs "
As far as I can tell...nothing has been removed, only many new things added or improved.
Let me know exactly what you mean by "multi-layer" and I will try to figure it out for ya.
Dave
Worked for me...
Hi Rosana,

The 5 time change region limitation is standard for all DVD players, implemented by the movie studios. Looks like all new DVD players don't really have it anymore, which doesn't help you will your current situation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvd_regions

Try search the Internet for a program that will make your DVD player "region free". I know they are out there...are so I heard...ahem.
Hey CC,

I have used color boards as background for open or closing titles...a black background with my movies titles displaying if I don't want to do it over video. Like you see in the movies sometimes

I also have used them to place between jump cuts as a quick flash of color between two scenes...to make it look more professional and flashy.

Dave
Hi Jacqui,

The help file content you quoted is from PowerProducer, not PowerDirector. Do you have both installed on your machine?

If you have PowerProducer, the noted steps with work (and is easier than trying to create a slideshow in PDR3). If not...then to create a slide show in PDR you slimply import your photos into the media library and then insert them into the workspace in the order you want them to be.

Hope we can clarify this :

Dave
No one is lying to you...tech support person is just misinformed or their English is not good enough. I found out that PowerDVD 6.5 and 6.6 are currently OEM products only, but that will change soon. Still so early in the game...

Check out the link below to see proof that it exists if you still think someone is lying...

http://www.gearlog.com/2006/06/23/index.php
Ahh...okay. Now I see the problem.
- PowerDVD 6.5 plays HD DVDs
- PowerDVD 6.6 is for playing Blu-ray Discs
- PowerDVD 7.0 is the latest version for playing regular DVDs, not HD DVDs. Very confusing...I agree.

And I can see how you thought 7.0 would play your HD DVDs, because the web site says "High-Definition Video Playback." Kind of mis-leading, but I am sure not intentional, because it is referring to the clarity of the DVD video and video files it plays.

Contact the CyberLink store and I am sure they will give you your money back, or even better...give you the version you want. I heard that PowerDVD 7.1 is coming out rather soon...which plays HD DVDs, so if you can wait a little bit...but who can!!!

Hope this clears things up man! At least we know the HD?BD Advisor works well
Hey Justin. You can add cool transitions between titles by doing the following:
- Right click on the title in the timeline and select Edit Title
- Click the Animation Properties button (the little man)
- Set the begin and end effects for each title effect

Not sure if the fade that you want is available in the animations, but there are some options to make cool opening title sequences. Hopefully there is something there that you can use. Have fun.
Obviously PowerDVD 6.5 (that is your version, right?) did not install correctly on your machine if when you run the CyberLink BD/HD Advisor it says that you don't have an HD DVD player on your machine. I have it installed on mine and it works and BD/HD Advisor sees it.

Try to either contact technical support for suggestions or try to uninstall and reinstall it and see if that helps.
It does work and well. I have a silly question...you made no mentioned of upgrading the disc drive on your computer too. Is it an HD DVD disc drive? Just curious
Try here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/edm/unsubscribe_form.jsp?
You must have checked the CyberLink voice support check box in the on-line purchase form by mistake, because it is not checked by default.

Try contacting customer support right away by email and I am sure they will help you out ASAP.
Hi Theil.

That's crazy what happens. Have you been watching DVDs with another player like Windows Media Player or another application in the mean time? Just curious.
You can only rip audio from a CD with Power2Go. I saw no mention of ripping the audio track from a DVD. What version are you running? On what page of the help file?

Try this to get your audio. If you have a an audio cable, plug it from your DVD player to your audio input in your computer. If your DVD player is on your computer, just put the audio cable out from the computer (where your speakers are) and into your audio input.

Use the Windows Sound Recorder to capture your audio. I have used it many times...it is a great little program. If you pla around with the settings, you can output to several audio formats.
Go to: