Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What is a 'color board' used for
CC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2006 14:42 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
hi there,
I stumbled across 'color boards' under the media pull down while answering another post.

what are these used for ?

thanks!
CC

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12. 2007 08:26

Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
HI CC,
color boards are just files you can put into the timeline or PIP-line to use as an image file. Drag one down and experiment. It's just a picture, more or less. Try using it at the beginning or end or your film. Rather than fade to black, fade to white, green, etc. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hey CC,

I have used color boards as background for open or closing titles...a black background with my movies titles displaying if I don't want to do it over video. Like you see in the movies sometimes

I also have used them to place between jump cuts as a quick flash of color between two scenes...to make it look more professional and flashy.

Dave