Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow with PowerDirector 3. How is it done??
JACQUI [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Victoria, Australia Joined: Jan 10, 2007 19:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 3 came with my computer...I would like to make a slideshow & burn it to a DVD.
I finally found slideshow in the help files -copy follows-
"The functions for creating a slideshow are located on the Create a Slideshow page within the Produce Movie Disc function". Couldn't find the create Slideshow page here
"To get to the Create a Slideshow page, click Create a Slideshow on the Import/Capture Content page". Or here

but I can not find the slideshow facility anywhere??!!
Any help would be appreciated.
Does this mean I will have to upgrade the program?
Cheers Jacqui
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jacqui,

The help file content you quoted is from PowerProducer, not PowerDirector. Do you have both installed on your machine?

If you have PowerProducer, the noted steps with work (and is easier than trying to create a slideshow in PDR3). If not...then to create a slide show in PDR you slimply import your photos into the media library and then insert them into the workspace in the order you want them to be.

Hope we can clarify this :

Dave
JACQUI [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Victoria, Australia Joined: Jan 10, 2007 19:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dave,
I don't have PowerProducer, the quote was directly from the help files that came with PowerDirector.
I did make a slideshow but found it's not very user friendly.. couldn't figure out how to match the runtime of the slides to the music except by manually calculating the time required and inputing that for each slide....yukk takes way too long! specially after using other programs that do it quicker. This program does burn well though.
In truth I was hoping there was a faster way
Thanks again
Cheers Jacqui
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
FYI, PowerDirector 3 has an Express version of PowerProducer. It is the disc creating part of PowerDirector 3.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 11. 2007 04:07

JACQUI [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,
Thanks for the info... at least now I know why I couldn't find the "Create Slideshow Page"
Cheers Jacqui
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Dafydd,
Thanks for the info... at least now I know why I couldn't find the "Create Slideshow Page"
Cheers Jacqui

Jacqui - I like the owl avatar image..brill.

I'm sorry I cant be of more assistance... I have been "brain wiped" ...or is it "a brain upgrade umm" by using newer versions of PowerDirector. Remember you could PM a PD3 user and see if they can help.

Dafydd