Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New slideshow feature in version 6
MIR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2006 22:17 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi...

In the new slideshow feature in version....when you use the "collage or scrapbook" type....does anyone know if you can remove the background that it uses and replace it with another background you would like to use?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Michelle
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a little hazy on the slideshow feature. After I drag photos into timeline, I hit slideshow, choose a style, check ok, then what? Nothing seems to happen. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry,
You need to place ALL the photos that you want into the timeline first. Then, select them ALL (you can left click in the timeline and choose "Select All").
Then click on slideshow, select the style and then click on ok. You will see the pictures you inserted change to one "entity" (for lack of a better term) and the slideshow style applied.

Michelle - The short answer is "No." You can't remove the background it inserts.
JJ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2006 04:41 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
There's a slideshow tutorial at http://www.cyberlink.com/english/products/powerdirector/tutorial/6/slideshowdesigner.jsp?source=creativepage.

And if you really want to replace the background image of the slideshow, you can find the original one at C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\CellSlideShow\8Stacks\woodbg720x540.JPG. Just replace it with the same file name, format and size.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2007 04:55

Cindy R [Avatar]
Member Location: Louisiana, USA Joined: Feb 27, 2007 16:34 Messages: 124 Offline
[Post New]
The slideshow feature in version 6 is pretty cool and easy to use. I do have a question if someone can answer it -

I have used Pinnacle Studio to create slideshows. In that program I can import - say 50 pictures - into the media area ready to put on the timeline. I don't want to put those pics on the timeline in the same order they appear in the media area. In Pinnacle, as I randomly drag pictures onto the timeline, a check mark appears next to the pictures I have used that shows they have been placed on the timeline. Very convenient and helpful!

Is there something similiar in PD that I'm just not seeing? It gets very confusing when you have a large group of pictures and can't tell if you've used them already!

Any ideas?

Cindy
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
I also would like to see that feature, in the meantime, I remove pictures from the library as I use them. However, that practice makes it difficult to make changes. In PD5, I also had an issue where removing a picture from the library often corrupted/destroyed the source file! This seems to have been isolated to only me, and now, with PD6 and a different computer, it's no longer happening. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Cindy R [Avatar]
Member Location: Louisiana, USA Joined: Feb 27, 2007 16:34 Messages: 124 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know who I email regarding adding the feature of tagging pictures so that maybe they could include it in an update?

Cindy
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I've sent you a PM.

Dafydd