Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes. CyberLink PowerProducer is exactly what you are asking for and is a DVD authoring program. It has most of the same features and more for creating discs, including discs with multiple videos. See the link below:

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_3_ENU.html
Hi,

I figured it out for you. It is not something you can do automatically within the program, you need to go through the backdoor .

1. On your computer, go to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Menus\General\text

2. Open the file in that folder (a_text.xml) with Notepad
3. Change the text between <TEXT ID="1">My Videos</TEXT>

Good luck

Dave
Hi Will,

No you cannot do this with PowerDirector because it is mainly a video editing program, so the Create Disc function is limited.

You'll need to continue to use Windows DVD maker, PowerProducer or another DVD authoring tool to do what you are asking.

Dave
Hi Curtis,

You can't. PowerDirector's Create Disc feature is limited to one video on a disc. If you want to create a disc with multiple videos, you will have to use another program that is designed for DVD authoring...like PowerProducer.

PowerDirector is mainly a video editing program and therefore it's disc authoring function is limited.
Check the help file or download the user guide for PowerDVD. It lists ALL the short cut keys in there.
Hi AJ,
I am not sure how the color board went over your titles...just use a black color board with a white title font...you shouldn't have any problems.

I always but the color board down first, like laying the track down.

Just in case...make sure you click the "Movie" button underneath the preview window before previewing your output. Not clicking that would make it look like your title wasn't there
Ron,

To do what you are asking, this is what I would do:

1. Lay down a black color board as a background for your credits
2. Enter the titles and select a template.
3. Input your text as required.
4. In the Title Designer click the Animation Properties tab.
5. Make sure your text object is highlight and then click on Begin Effect
6. Select Scroll Up

Now...the best way to do 100 lines is up to you. You can try and do it in several clips and try and time them perfectly. Or try and enter them all in one clip. The speed of the clip (and the speed of the credits) will be dependant on the length of the clip.

Kent H: I am not sure why you are getting those errors. Provide Dafydd with your steps and we'll see. Hope this solves your problem.
AJ,

PowerDirector basically revolves around the master video track...that you need to have some kind of content in there for your entire movie. Just like with any kind of editing on the older machines I used to use in school. You had to lay down some video...even if it was color bars, to record audio.

That's why I use the color boards feature to do what it sounds like you want to do. When you are in the Media Room, select Color Boards from the drop down menu (underneath the Produce button).

You can use these to fill in the gaps where you don't have or want to use video. I have used it several times for opening or closing credits, with a black color board back ground.

Check out the example I posted on my YouTube page for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1L64O-Pqn0

Please let me know if this answered your question.
Hi Ron.

To do what you want to do in PDR 6...which is "select all" to play the entire movie and all it's clips...you either click on on the Movie button underneath the preview playback window or press the Page Down button on your keyboard (and then click the play button).

The clip mode is selected by default on the clip you are working. Movie - Page Down is the entire movie.
Hi Joreen,

Not sure what the exact problem is, but I am sure the first thing customer support would tell you to do is uninstall and then re-install PowerDirector...and see if that works. But you don't have time for that.

Why don't you Produce your video as a file. You should probably do it in MPEG-2 format and then burn that file to a disc separately in another program.

This will help you determine if it is your burner or PDR, and at least give you a video file you can use in the mean time.

Good luck
Hi,
It's in both PowerDirector 5 and 6 Deluxe versions...not sure about earlier or OEM versions. Just to make sure...put a video clip in the timeline and then click on it (select it). I am saying this, because the buttons don't always appear...only when a video clip is selected, i.e. does not work for photos.

Dave
MPEG-2 is the format of video on most commercial DVDs, so for sure you want to use it to output your video for best quality.

Here's some more info if you want:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvd_video

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mpeg_2
Yes.

Just put a video clip in the timeline and click on the Speed button. You can slow down a clip with stretched audio half the original speed or speed it up to 2.0 X the original speed.

Clips with muted audio can be slowed down to 0.10 X the original speed or sped up to 10 X the original speed.
Hi Shawn,
I would recommend outputting your videos created in PowerDirector in MPEG2 format.

If you go into the Production Wizard (click on Produce ) and select Create a File...when you click on MPEG2 it tells you exactly that the output is recommended for DVD burning. This is in PowerDirector 6...not sure about previous versions, but it should be the same.
Hi Ian,
I don't think PowerDirector 5 supports MP4 files. This is from the PowerDirector 5 FAQ:

What file formats can be imported by PowerDirector?
• Video: .avi, .dat, .mpe, .mpg, .mpeg, DivX (requires codec),
.wmv
• Audio: .mp3, .wav, .wma, .asf
• Photo: .bmp, .gif, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, .tiff

Looks like you'll need to upgrade to version 6 if you want to edit them in PowerDirector. (From the help file for version 6):

CyberLink PowerDirector supports the import of the following file
formats:
Image: JPEG, TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG
Video: HD MPEG-2, DVR-MS, DV-AVI, DAT, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VOB, VRO,
WMV, WMV-HD, MOV, MOD, DivX, MP4
Audio: MP3, WAV, WMA, ASF
Looks like the answer is yet...quite the machine you'll be running. Below are the System Requirements from the PowerDirector help:

System Requirements
The system requirements listed below are recommended as minimums
for general digital video production work.
Screen Resolution:
• 1024 x 768, 16-bit color or higher
• Windows Vista/XP/2000 (Windows XP Service Pack 2 is required
for HDV capture)
Memory:
• 256 MB required (512+ MB DDR recommended)
• 1 GB DDR2 Ram recommended for HD content editing
CPU:
• Capture/produce AVI: Pentium 2-450 MHz or AMD Athlon 500
MHz
• Capture/produce VCD Quality (MPEG-1): Pentium 3-600 MHz
or AMD Athlon 700 MHz
• Capture/produce DVD Quality (MPEG-2): Pentium 4-2.2 GHz or
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
• Capture/produce High Quality MPEG-4 and Streaming Videos
(WMV, QuickTime, RealVideo, DivX): Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz or AMD
Athlon XP 2400+
• Produce MPEG-4 AVC and MPEG-2 HD Files: Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz
with HyperThreading or AMD Athlon 64 recommended
• Edit HD Contents: Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz Duel Core CPU
recommended
• CyberLink PowerDirector 6 is optimized for CPU with MMX/SSE/
SSE2/3DNow!/3DNow! Extension/HyperThreading technology
• CyberLink PowerDirector 6 editing engine is optimized for Intel
Duel Core CPU.
Hi Brady,

What I meant by that is PowerDirector is mainly for editing and creating video. These videos can then be created as video files or burnt onto DVDs that can be played on a DVD player. However, the create DVD function (Create Disc) is not as robust as PowerProducer's...whose main function is to create DVDs.

You can create DVDs with PowerProducer that more resemble commercial DVDs. I.e. with multi-item menus (like when you find special features, language settings, etc. on a commercial DVD).

Hope that makes sense.
Looks like the answer is "Yes" to the "if" question. CyberLink is mentioned on the official web site for AVCHD:

http://www.avchd-info.org/
Hi Eric,

It sounds like you want to to edit or extract clips of video from each of your DV tapes and then create one video with all of the clips. Is that right?

This is what PowerDirector does. You can import all our video from the DV tapes, and then use the trim function to extract the clips and place them in the timeline to create your final video.

PowerProducer is mainly a DVD authoring tool.

Hope that helped.

Dave
Hi Bob,

I know this won't help, but I am not using a Proxy Server and I was able to retrieve the disc information without a problem. Must be some kind of issue with your Internet connection, if you tried multiple CDs.
Hi Carol.
Short answer..."Yes!" This is directly from the Help file in PDR 6:

Change the Speed of a Video Clip
Slow-motion or fast-motion effects can grab your audience's attention as well as break up the rhythm of a movie.

To change the speed of a video clip, do this:

Select the clip you want to modify.

Click Speed. The Video Speed Options panel is displayed.

Select the desired Audio setting, as follows:

1. Select Stretch to stretch the audio portion to the same proportion as the video portion.
2. Select Mute button to mute the audio all together.
3. Set the new speed. You may do this in one of two ways:

- Drag the slider to increase or decrease the speed.
- Enter a duration in the New video length box. (This method allows more accurate control, as you can specify a length down to the frame level.)

Note: Clips with stretched audio can be slowed down to 0.50 X the original speed or sped up to 2.0 X the original speed. Clips with muted audio can be slowed down to 0.10 X the original speed or sped up to 10 X the original speed.

4. Click to close the Video Speed Options panel.

Go to: