Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Worst Tech support
Theil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2006 08:35 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
It has been several weeks now since I reported my error to Cyberlink Tech Support & apart from standard suggestions (install latest drivers etc.) they have been unable to solve my problem or articulate themselves using proper grammar & spelling! Needless to say I am frustrated & can only recommend to everyone not to buy PowerDVD 7. As for myself I have now decided, after over a month of pointless e-mail traffic, to give tech support an ultimatum: If they cannot come up with a solution (or at least a decent idea) to my problem I will return the software & buy annother Software DVD Player. If you ask me this is a disgrace & shows how little Cyberlink is obviously interested providing support after purchase.

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Theil.

That's crazy what happens. Have you been watching DVDs with another player like Windows Media Player or another application in the mean time? Just curious.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Thiel,

I have read your postings. I didn't see anywhere that you carried out the instructions of Tech Support, I hope you did.

One of the things I learnt early on when having a problem was to use Google to look if somebody else was reporting a similar fault...
The internet search ""Intel Centrino 2.0 GHz" problem powerdvd" brought up 11 responses - none of which was showing your issue - most were in German!

To lambast CL Techs when it is just as likely to be your system is unfair and unnecessary. The software and background running stuff is variable and causes a lot of hassle to programs that need a lot of CPU and graphics etc etc.

Shared graphics on a laptop can cause a similar problem - I didn't look closely at the spec of the Intel Centrino 2.0 GHz. I noted the standard graphics is Intel's chip based Graphics Controller (Intel GMA 900) - motherboard chip - and you've stated you have (Nvidia) GeForce Go 6800. There have been reports on this site of problems with latest Nvidia's drivers clashing with PowerDVD 7 and users opting to revert to older drivers!

A standard Search Engine enquiry pulled up this info:
nVidia GeForce Problems

I'm sorry you're having problems, let me know if you want me to contact Tech Support (HoD) to assist you.

Dafydd

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at Oct 21. 2006 15:51

Theil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2006 08:35 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bevan,
of course I understand that the software will not run immediatly on every pc config all the time. That is in the nature of new software & I can accept that. But now consider my case: I bought this software for over 50 Euros, I wanted to use it (but it failed to work properly), I mailed tech support (they started with the general tips & thats ok), the problem was not resolved. Now I expected more concrete "insider-tweaks" if you will, but I was disappointed: After the general suggestions tech support was simply out of ideas & guess what, they gave me the same general advice that I had already followed several weeks befoe. That is not tech support, thats just an interactive FAQ. Condsidering the price, the reputation & the tough market CYberlink is in I am sure that they can & expect them to do much better than that. Thus, my anger. And yes of course I followed their suggestions to the letter & even switched drivers several times in order to resolve the problem, but to no avail.

Thanks for your offer to help, if you (or anybody else) has further suggestions I will be more than happy to keep experimenting. After all I still want to use PowerDVD 7 despite its flaws.

Cheers
Stefan

P.S.: Playback using any other DVD Player (including Media Player) works without problems.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2006 09:53

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stefan Theil,

That was an interesting posting.

Please read the PM I sent to you.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2006 11:30

ScarlettZoe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2014 15:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
thanks for reply it sounds like we are both in the same boat here. Will do as you suggest and hang on a while,am not going anywhere fast mate am 59 & with a heart attack and a triple heart by-pass behind me I've learned to take it as it comes now. Every days a bonus so any suggestions are appreciated. Have had a look on several sites re this problem and it's a big problem across a lot of Creative Sound Cards even the megabucks ones. Every site has hundreds of postings just too many to read. Will look forward to your input & nice to meet up with you.
Cheers for now. Pass any exam with prep4sure for more details visit here