Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio from video
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
I have a dvd with the sound of crackling fire. How the heck do I rip the audio from it? I can find no mention in the directions, other than it can be done. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
You can only rip audio from a CD with Power2Go. I saw no mention of ripping the audio track from a DVD. What version are you running? On what page of the help file?

Try this to get your audio. If you have a an audio cable, plug it from your DVD player to your audio input in your computer. If your DVD player is on your computer, just put the audio cable out from the computer (where your speakers are) and into your audio input.

Use the Windows Sound Recorder to capture your audio. I have used it many times...it is a great little program. If you pla around with the settings, you can output to several audio formats.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2006 03:09

Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
I am using P2G. Got it done. Here's how. I had a 22 second file of a crackling fire. I used PDR5 to make a dvd of the looped file. Ripped it from that. No problemo. Thanks. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!