Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Import dvi files
tonycsmoke [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2007 13:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello - first thanks to anyone that can help me. I'm a part time editor for a company. I've been working on the Mac platform for several years with final cut pro and DVD Studio Pro. The company wants to take video from my prior DVD's and use them in powerpoint.

Will PD import a DVI file so that I may output it as a wmv file? I've had no luck using the avi codec (looks crappy) with powerpoint.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 6 supports the following files:

Image: JPEG, TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG

Video: HD MPEG-2, DVR-MS, DV-WMV, WMV-HD, MOV, MOD, DivX,

Audio: MP3, WAV, WMA, ASF

So no DVI support it looks like
tonycsmoke [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2007 13:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Actually MOV might work - I can just jack the quality as high as I can go then import and export as a wmv file.

Thanks for you help
Zach [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2007 11:41 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
If I may interject with an inquiry--- I am attempting something similar-- basically, I'm trying to figure out a workaround for getting a PowerPoint presentation imported into PD. I read the other posts, and they are helping me establish a game plan, but I fear I may end up spinning my wheels. Does anyone know off-hand a decent workaround to make this happen?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Zach,

The easy answer...I saved a PowerPoint presentation I had in JPEG format. PP asked me if I wanted to save ALL the slides or just one. I selected all and it put it in a seperate folder for me.

Then I simply imported all the JPEGs into PowerDirector and I can do as I please. You can also save as BMPs, GIFs and PNG...so whatever makes your presentation look the best.

Hope that helps

Dave
Zach [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2007 11:41 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Daveed! I will try this out to see if it works.

For clarification sake: When you say "you can do as you please", I am assuming that you mean with the effects and transitions? I am confused how exporting the PPT to JPG files would retain the PowerPoint animations... or doesn't it?

Sidebar: I even took it so far as to play the Powerpoint on a separate machine, outputing from the S-Video line into my capture card to capture the displayed image... except I never saw an image !! I'm not very well versed in capturing yet AT ALL, so I don't know if that would have worked or not, even if if I knew what I was doing! Any other tips as far as that method goes? I can't imagine the quality would be of any value though.
Jets2011
[Post New]
Hi Zach,

My fault...I did not even think of all the animations. The good news is that PowerDirector lets you create a lot of the same text animations in the Title Effects Room.

So the best result for you would be to recreate it in PDR...I know it will be time consuming, but in the end you will have more creative control and it will be of better quality. Maybe just same some of the images, etc. that are in the PP...or just import the originals directly in the PDR.

good luck

David