Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi s2012e -

I use a Logitech C920 too, but I'm not exactly sure what your question or issue is.

You've asked about setting the frame rate. The C920 records at 1080p/30fps (max). As Carl suggested, you can set the timeline frame rate in PDR's preferences. As far as I can tell, there's no way to change that in either the Logitech settings or in YouCam.

There are a number of ways you can use your webcam to record... directly through the Logitech app, via PDR's capture module or via YouCam. How do you do it? I may make a difference to the output.

Cheers - Tony
Hi again Philip -

Maybe I'm not properly understanding what your timeline structure is. Could you post a screenshot of your timeline, showing what you've done so far?

You were asking how to apply soft edges to a series/sequence of images without doing it one-by-one. That's why I suggested pre-producing the slideshow, which makes that sequence into a single element that can be masked.

The mask I attached previously is not intended to be placed in the timeline. As you found, all it does is block out part of the screen with a fuzzy black blob. It is intended to be used in Mask Designer, where it works as expected.

Aside from the suggestion I made, I can't think of an alternative that doesn't involve masking each image separately, which is what you were trying to avoid.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Toney -

Ease in/out can't be applied in Magic Motion, but you can replicate the same motion in PiP Designer, where Ease in/out can be used.

In the attached packed project, the first image has Vertical Up applied in Magic Motion. The second one was done in PiP Designer with Ease in/out applied.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Philip -

The simplest way to do that is to:

1. Produce the slideshow without the clouds background

2. Overlay the produced slideshow on the clouds background video

3. Resize & reposition as necessary

4. Apply a soft edged mask to the slideshow video

Feathering the edges of a regular rectangle mask (in Mask Designer) may work for you. Alternatively, you could use a mask like the one attached, which gives a screen layout like:

Cheers - Tony
Hi Michael -

With very simple clips (like the one on the left), you'll get away with applying stabilisation & motion tracking together. When there's a more complex composition (right) the two steps need to be done separately.

PDR has trouble tracking with more complex backgrounds in any case.

So - apply your stabilisation then produce the video. Then apply Motion Tracking to the produced video.

Cheers - Tony
Hi The_Sandman -

If your source footage is 16:9, I wouldn't be messing around changing it to 4:3 (unless you had a particular reason for doing that).

Am I assuming correctly that your source clips are 720x576?

Another possibility is to create a custom MP4 profile that doesn't use non-square PAR, like 1024x576. That can't be done in PDR's interface but it can be done by editing the Profile.ini (where PDR stores custom profiles).

If you go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\UserConfigure, you'll find the Profile.ini, which can be opened with NotePad

Attached are two 1024x576 profiles (one is 29.97fps the other 25fps).

1. Open it in NotePad - select all & copy the text.

2. Open Profile.ini & place the cursor either at the very start or end of the text.

3. Paste the new profiles into Profile.ini

4. Save & close

When you open PDR16, & go to produce, select H.264 > MP4 > Custom & you'll see the profiles called "SD 1024x576/30p 8Mbps" & "SD 1024x576/25p 8Mbps".

Produced files will play back in any player without the need for manipulating aspect ratio.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Richard -

The short answer is no.

Uploaded videos are hosted on YouTube, Vimeo and the others, but they're only linked on DirectorZone for the purpose of sharing your timeline.

Cheers - Tony
Hi The_Sandman -

All that stuff can be pretty confusing.

You're right: 720x576 is actually 5:4 & where you read about using 1024x576 that's because it's 16:9. Sorta. Trouble is, those calculations only work if the pixels are square (1:1) & sometimes they're not.

If you'd like to get more confused, have a read of this.

720x576 is PAL DVD resolution.

In PDR16, when you go to Produce you can choose H.264 > MP4 > then click the + button to create a custom profile. Select 720x576 (DVD PAL) under the Video tab & you're set. I guess that's what you've done.

The produced video will display as 16:9 and, as you've found, MediaInfo will report:
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 0.002
Original display aspect rat : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Standard : PAL

MooO VideoInfo reports:
Width: 720
Height: 576
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1:720
Display Aspect Ratio: 1:576
Pixel Format: yuv420p
Has B Frames: Yes

So - any wonder people get confused?

The main thing is, does your produced video display as 16:9 without distorted images? You're right again. VLC & MPC HC will play it as a thin line unless instructed otherwise. Win 10's Film & TV & Photos apps both display it correctly. That only shows that some players cannot (by default) interpret the non-square pixels.

Cheers - Tony
Hi RadTechShoe -

One thing that makes it impossible in PDR is that PDR cannot produce a video with an alpha channel.

Depending how much time you have on your hands, it would be possible to create an "animation" of the bag sequence by:

1. Extracting the individual frames as images from the whole sequence - that may be hundreds of images

2. Edit each frame image to remove the unwanted background (in PhD or graphics software) & save as .png to retain transparency

3. Reimport the images 9.png) back into PDR

4. In the timeline, set each image to 00:00:00:01 duration

Now that little sequence can be used within PDR, but can't be produced with an alpha channel.

Alternatively, using CDR, you could mask the bag & the bits you want visible, invert the mask & adjust the surrounds so they're green. The sequence could be produced as a green-screen video and imported into PDR to chroma-key out the green.

That's all I can think of right now.

Cheers - Tony
Hi GerryQ & James -

Gerry, I'm sure it's nothing you're missing or doing wrongly. I don't think that particular profile is built well at all. The same sort of thing happens with the GoPro Hero5 Black (Wide) profile. Lighter areas get blown out.

There's no reason a lens correction profile should be messing with colour like that.

Stick with a profile that does the job, I'd say.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Suthern -

It's probably there. Try this:

Hopefully, you'll have a Downloaded tab like everyone else. laughing

Cheers - Tony
I was expecting to be able to do something similar to drag and drop

That's exactly what to do! Drag an audio clip to any audio track.

Alternatively, with your timeline marker in place, you can right click & select "Add to Voice/Music Track".

Cheers - Tony
Hi tjhorton -

Ranting & name calling probably won't land you a result very quickly.

I don't know how to change the file destination for the folders & contents created by PDR & other CL software, but I understand why they're kept separate from Program Files. You would too.

You can globally change the drive where "documents" are stored in Settings > Storage, but that probably isn't what you're after.

There must be a mountain of "thoughtless, careless twits" in software development because (by default) similar folders with custom presets & files are created in Documents by Adobe, Camtasia, Microsoft, Corel, MAGIX, Serif & many more. They probably do that for the same reason, so that custom user files are not interfered with by any uninstall process.

If you only think of a document as a "text" thing, maybe it doesn't make sense to you. If you think of it as a "file" (i.e. a record of information), it should.

Cheers - Tony
Glad you sorted it out Terry. Agreed - it's not completely obvious. Just putting this here for anyone else who may have the same question.

On your PC, the actual sound files are stored at C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded Audio

Cheers - Tony
Hi Terry -

This tutorial should help you out.

The reason copying & pasting keyframe attributes doesn't work is that there are no keyframes laughing

Cheers - Tony
Hi Phoulom & all -

I understand this thread has been resolved (i.e. Phoulom doesn't have the same issue he thought he had) & I'm sorry to chime back into it but some of the information above wasn't clear to me or I was unable to replicate the same thing here.

I posted that I'd tested in a number of media players. Win10's Films & TV (or Movies & TV) wasn't one of the players I tested & it turns out it's the only one that displays the produced file darker than the original (here, at least). BTW, Hatti, no enhancement settings were applied.

These players - VLC, POT Player, MPC HC, & KMPlayer - all display Phoulom's original & produced files the same, with no crushed blacks.

Here's a zip file of screenshots from each player - the original GoPro file & PDR16 produced file.

Cheers - Tony
You're right. I took "Edit Mode" to mean back in the main timeline. i.e. your project AR.

Still, if you only crop in 16:9 in a 16:9 project, you shouldn't be getting black bars. Glad you have it resolved anyway.

Cheers - Tony
Hi tomasc -

I have a reasonable understanding of the differences between various colour spaces (enough to get me by), but what I don't understand is that you guys can see some difference in darkness between original GoPro files and produced ones.

Now I don't mind admitting that my eyes aren't what they used to be, & that may be the root cause, but I'm viewing on calibrated monitors, each set to 0-255. As far as I can tell, it must come down to one of those things... the vision or the monitor.

Of course the difference is obvious in MediaInfo reports, but I've compared in PDR, Ae, Lr & any number of media players & I cannot see that the produced files are darker than the originals (except in Phoulom's screenshots).

Cheers - Tony
Hi JohnG777 -

Maybe the "simple/obvious thing you may have missed" is making sure that 16:9 aspect ratio is checked in the Crop/Zoom window.

In a 16:9 project, if you crop at 16:9 there'll be no letterboxing. If you choose 4:3. 9:16 or Freeform cropping in a 16:9 project, there will be.

This applies whatever the camera or resolution.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Phoulom -

Thank you for uploading those videos. What it showed here is what I previously posted. The colours/darkness in your produced clip is (as good as) identical to the original.

I tested on 3 different PCs, each with calibrated monitors. Colours/darkness also displayed the same in various media players.

These screenshots, taken in PDR16, show the orignal/produced clips side by side at 00:00:02:00 and 00:00:12:00. Forum would not allow post with attachments.

Cheers - Tony
Looks like it's a highly variable issue.

HA options checked or unchecked here makes no difference. Adding borders or shadows makes no difference. PDR version makes no difference. All I get is shaky, nervous motion.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: