Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using Key Frames with Magic Motion
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
I checked previous posts but was not able to find this topic discussed. My question is: Can Ease In/Ease Out key frames be used with a Magic Motion preset. Here is my situation.

1. I have a Jpeg photo in the timeline.

2. I assigned Magic Motion Preset "Vertical Up". This causes the motion of the photo to go from the bottom to the top.

3. I then double click the photo to open it in PIP.

4. I set a starting key frame and then set an ending key fram.

5. I then attempt to assign an Ease In Key Frame to the ending Key Frame but this does not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Toney TeeMan
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Toney,

I was able to follow your procedure and set an ease-in key frame on the position scale when I set a keyframe at the beginning and the end of the clip and made sure the time indicator was at the second keyframe at the end of the clip before attempting to use the ease-in function. It might be that your timeline marker was on the initial key frame? Just a guess.

--Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 22. 2018 17:55

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Toney -

Ease in/out can't be applied in Magic Motion, but you can replicate the same motion in PiP Designer, where Ease in/out can be used.

In the attached packed project, the first image has Vertical Up applied in Magic Motion. The second one was done in PiP Designer with Ease in/out applied.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Motion Ease.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1557 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
330 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Toney,

I was able to follow your procedure and set an ease-in key frame on the position scale when I set a keyframe at the beginning and the end of the clip and made sure the time indicator was at the second keyframe at the end of the clip before attempting to use the ease-in function. It might be that your timeline marker was on the initial key frame? Just a guess.

--Jim

Jim:

I am sure I had my timeline marker at the end of (the last) key frame.

I have tried everything (and every way) I could think of and simply could not get your method to work.

Question #1: Did you select "Ease In" on both the Position and Scale or just scale?

Question #1: Did you also select "East Out" at the beginning.

Maybe a tutorial from you may be in order on Sharper Turtle LOL

Best,

Toney TeeMan
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Toney -

Ease in/out can't be applied in Magic Motion, but you can replicate the same motion in PiP Designer, where Ease in/out can be used.

In the attached packed project, the first image has Vertical Up applied in Magic Motion. The second one was done in PiP Designer with Ease in/out applied.

Cheers - Tony

Tony:

Thank you for your insight. I was aware that I could achieve the desired effect using PIP but was just wondering if and how it could be done using a Magic Motion pre set. Jim indicated that he was able to get it to work. Maybe he could share with us more detail on how he accomplished it.

Best,

Toney TeeMan
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Tony:

Thank you for your insight. I was aware that I could achieve the desired effect using PIP but was just wondering if and how it could be done using a Magic Motion pre set. Jim indicated that he was able to get it to work. Maybe he could share with us more detail on how he accomplished it.

Best,

Toney

Try watching this tutorial https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/tutorial/pdr?AP=PDR&Version=16&versionType=Ultimate&utm_source=pdr&utm_medium=16&utm_campaign=Tutorial&code=117

There may be some confusion here. You can apply Magic Motion to a clip, but you cant keyframe it at this stage. As Tony has stated, to achieve what you want you need to open PIP designer with Magic Motion already applied. Now you can use keyframes to move your jpeg as you want. While the jpeg moves as you set it up, the Magic Motion movement will be taking place within the picture. Watch the tutorial to see how to use easing in and out.

If you are only using Magic Motion to move the whole picture and not the contents, then it is not necessary to use MM Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,