Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
After you download sound effects from the Director Zone where do they go?
Terry Lee Martin
Newbie Location: Seattle Joined: Mar 11, 2018 23:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I've downloaded several sound effects from the Director Zone and double clicked on them to install them into Power Director. Now they are somewhere in Power Director 16 and I can't find them, in order to use them. I thought you should be able to search for them by name. If so, I'm searching in the wrong place. Where are they?

Update : I was able to find them. I think it should be easier, but now that I've found them in Audio Director it will be easier the next time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2018 19:35

Complexity is primarily an illusion. It disappears with Knowledge.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Glad you sorted it out Terry. Agreed - it's not completely obvious. Just putting this here for anyone else who may have the same question.

On your PC, the actual sound files are stored at C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded Audio

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Terry Lee Martin
Newbie Location: Seattle Joined: Mar 11, 2018 23:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Glad you sorted it out Terry. Agreed - it's not completely obvious. Just putting this here for anyone else who may have the same question.

On your PC, the actual sound files are stored at C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded Audio

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony, I still have to figure out how to use the downloaded audio files now that I've found them. I was expecting to be able to do something similar to drag and drop as I did with Adobe Premiere Pro for the past 25 years before switching to Power Director 16. Complexity is primarily an illusion. It disappears with Knowledge.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I was expecting to be able to do something similar to drag and drop

That's exactly what to do! Drag an audio clip to any audio track.

Alternatively, with your timeline marker in place, you can right click & select "Add to Voice/Music Track".

Cheers - Tony
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
One could Drag n Drop the individual stored audio files from the public folder to the timeline or media library from windows explorer if desired. They are only m4a audio files in folders.
[Post New]
Quote Glad you sorted it out Terry. Agreed - it's not completely obvious. Just putting this here for anyone else who may have the same question.

Cheers - Tony

What if you dont have the download tab? look
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
946 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
[Post New]

What if you dont have the download tab? look

I found I can physically drag the files into PD, but I dont understand why mine is not in a folder like everyone elses
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Suthern -

It's probably there. Try this:

Hopefully, you'll have a Downloaded tab like everyone else. laughing

Cheers - Tony