Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Title, shaky or nervous
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Hi members someone can check if you also have this problem.
I have already sent a complaint for support, the answer, we are going to the sector.
I wonder if it's just me that happens.
Attachment, demo video and project
Thank you
 Filename
title (2).mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3092 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
293 time(s)
 Filename
title.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
482 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
293 time(s)
XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You used a standard background and title that exist even in PD9 so I was able to test it in all the previous PD versions too. This problem that you have in PD16 also happens in PD15. Apparently, no one reported it for the last year and a half.

I suspect that this problem may not occur for a user with an Intel only graphics pc. Do not want to remove my AMD card and driver at the moment to test. Wait for more users to test and report.

Cyberlink needs to fix this for both PD15 and PD16 users if possible.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Same problem here.

Hatti

Hi there

Double click on the title in track 2 to open the title designer. Then on "starting effect" select "no effect" and then to be safe, select "ending Effect" and do the same.

All will be well

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Click on starting effect and selecting no effect in title designer fixed it for me as well. Thanks to the Shadowman for this fast fix.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Hatti
Thanks for for checking the question and confirming, I like to give movement to titles, in PD16 it gets bad.

tomasc
Thanks for checking the question and your comments

O Shadowman
Thanks for checking the question.
See that in PD14 it works perfect the way it is.
I knew that removing particle effect, improves, but still has error with less intensity, if add movement in the text.
Leaving static title looks good.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 08. 2018 13:36

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Just to confuse the issue, I get the same jerky, nervous motion whether I'm using PDR 14, 15 or 16. I'm glad removing the starting effect had some effect in the northern hemisphere, but it did nothing for me in OZ. undecided

It's the same sort of thing we used to get with PiP motion back in PDR9/10.

Here's a template I made in PDR14 - just keyframed with no start/end effects - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176474053
Here's a similar template made in PDR16 - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176474054

Do either of those playback smoothly for anyone?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
Ynotfish, Thanks for checking the question
Try adding border to the text and see if it has trembled in PD16, in PD14 the movement is smooth, here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 10. 2018 13:19

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
The problem has been solved for me. Thanks to Tony for saying it exist in PD9 which does not happen on mine. I produced the files and see the same result as what Playsound found in PD14 versus PD16.

In PD15/16 Preferences/Hardware acceleration Uncheck Enable Hardware Decoding and there is no more problem in any verson of PD. I enabled Hardware decoding in PD14 and see the same bad nervous title result. Uncheck it and it is fine in preview aas before.

I guess then that use HA when you want fast rendering without using expanding titles. You still need to test it using Fast Video Rendering Technology (hardware encoding) which I don’t use. Someone else can furnish such results.

Edit: Unchecking Enable hardware decoding seem to work well with Tony two titles at 10 seconds duration. There is still some shakiness in PlaySound’s title project with the borders set at 5 seconds. There is still an issue with PD15/16.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08. 2018 22:52

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like it's a highly variable issue.

HA options checked or unchecked here makes no difference. Adding borders or shadows makes no difference. PDR version makes no difference. All I get is shaky, nervous motion.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Looks like it's a highly variable issue.

HA options checked or unchecked here makes no difference. Adding borders or shadows makes no difference. PDR version makes no difference. All I get is shaky, nervous motion.

Cheers - Tony

Both Tony's templates work perfectly for me. Both tried with HA on, and off - no difference.

Intel HD graphics only installed.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I can confirm that the issue is already in the CL system and is being actively investigated. No doubt a solution will be incorporated into a patch whenever it is completed.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do