Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
As of this beta patch, frozen disc is jerky when pause/seek

Powerdvd 11 has always had this issue. Now it's back

Edit - uninstaller hasn't changed upon further inspection. Also pete 12 is correct when you uninstall powerdvd double clicking bluray disc comes up with an error because it says "PlayWithPowerdvd14.0" on discs especially bluray
Ok so maybe you can update your creative audio drivers? May fix it in powerdvd. If it doesn't fix it tech support needs to fix this.

Bluray drm is rediculous. Anydvd must strip out all drm before powerdvd handles it therefore it seems like a powerdvd bug
What does compatible hd audio mean? I don't understand. Is it what the audio spec is for each audio type or is powerdvd actually incompatible with some hd audio chips?
My sound is integrated high end. Probably not as good as yours. You should report the 16 bit issue to tech support
Corel windvd pro 11 is worse. Every dts-hd ma disc I have tried has been 24/48 but always 1536kbps. I.e. Only playing the core audio not the lossless audio. Many other people have had this issue on their forums.

Edit - im pretty sure windows sound setting is not upscaling at all but it does make the input audio match the output audio so you may hear a slight difference that's not because it is upscaling

I read somewhere that 96k upsampling discs exist. Whether they exist for bluray, I don't know but I expect you'd see a 96k upsampling logo. Bear in mind your talking about high end sound so unless you have big expensive speakers, there's no point. A cheap surround system just won't cut it.
If you have ultra, there is a free update to powerdvd 11 on the updates page for you which should work as a fresh product. If you dont want to do this, maybe there is a setting under preferences saying reset or something?
The guys who author the disc have access to higher quality typically 1tb videos not limited to 8bit video or even 1080/4k/8k and probably have higher sample rates too but once it is on the disc, I believe it is 48khz unless you start upsampling. I don't think playing higher sample rates cost more for companies like cyberlink than lower sample rates. Sorry but it is what it is. If the bluray spec allows 96khz, then no reason why discs can't have that but it's usually limited by space.
If your talking about dts-hd ma, it is always 24/48 the codec supports higher sample rate but doesn't mean it is being used. For example dts-hd ma supports around 20mbps bitrate but on bluray your only going to get around 5. The only reason you'd use dts-hd is if your not using English audio track on some discs haven't tested these but doubt these would use 96 sample rate considering they supposed to conserve space. It's like saying mp3 supports 320kbps. It doesn't mean it is 320kbps everytime. It just means it can be.
contact tech support i guess
best bet is to re-install it. when uninstalling, don't save prefs. next time press no when it asks
daemon is fine if it is latest. iso corrupt?
nothing to do with official. idt isn't supported afaik but i have full hd. bluray is 24/48 not 24/96. unless your playing an exceptional disc

are none of the 5.1 settings outputting 24-bit? if this is the case, tech support needs to know
personally, i don't get why you need undecoded data all the way to the reciever is it? in any case tech support is where your question is going to have to be in the end.
hello,

powerdvd 11 is apparently limited to dts-hd 5.1 but when i play my discs with dts-hd ma 7.1, the input audio is perfectly detected as dts-hd ma 7.1. also, audio comparison against 12/13/14 is perfectly downmixed to stereo [as i'm using stereo speakers 7.1 has to be correctly downmixed]. so where is the limitation? is it hdmi/spdif/analog output? because the input seems fine as far as i can tell

thanks
Contact tech support check for updates
Patched to latest?
There's a setting if you click "file associatio"n on the top page under prefs iirc
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38660.page

Apparently the right click context menu that requires removing manually from regedit has returned. my tests didn't show a return but apparently poster has the issue as of beta

Maybe if you update the installers 12/13/14 with the option to not install "play with powerdvd x" in the first place

edit: i have done more research. for powerdvd 13, here asre the fix keys:-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Classes\\SystemFileAssociations\\Audio\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Classes\\SystemFileAssociations\\Video\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Classes\\SystemFileAssociations\\Image\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Audio\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Image\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Video\\Shell\\PowerDVD13CommandVerb

i have a few keys present for powerdvd 12 but not for 14. 14 is a fresh install. while 13 + 12 have been patched/updated etc. i think the issue exists if you update these 3 powerdvd versions. as such the uninstallers need to check + remove these keys from version 12/13/14
Great frozens fixed hope the updates are rolled out for powerdvd 11 + please
Bluray regions are set per player not drive so If you have pdvd 12 13 and 14. You can set each region individually so basically play anything. Just need 3 bluray players doesn't have to even be cyberlink
Clean the reg + files probably. Generally clean enough to allow an install. Instead of saying program exists (when it has been removed)
Go to: