Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to disable auto resolution adjustment in PowerDVD 10?
arznable [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: May 13, 2014 04:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Just installed PowerDVD 10. At first run, it prompted for auto adjusting the display resolution whenever I use PowerDVD. I clicked "ok". Therefore, right now whenever I play a disc on PowerDVD, my computer display resolution will be changed from 2560 x 1600 to 1920 x 1200 automatically. When finished, it will be changed back to 2560 x 1600. If I don't want to have this auto resolution change when I use PowerDVD, how do I disable it? Thanks a lot!
[Post New]
best bet is to re-install it. when uninstalling, don't save prefs. next time press no when it asks
arznable [Avatar]
[Post New]
I would like to disable it because sometimes when I quit the PowerDVD 10, the resolution does not change back to the original one and stays at 1920 x 1200. When this happens, I have to manually change it back which is quite annoying. Your suggestion is a good solution, and I will do that if I do not get a real fix from here any time soon, thanks.
arznable [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cannot uninstall PowerDVD 10 because it is within the Cyberlink Media Suite 10 s/w suite. If I uninstall the suite, all configuration from other s/w will be gone as well. Please help out with the disabling of the auto resolution adjustment of the PowerDVD 10, thanks.
[Post New]
If you have ultra, there is a free update to powerdvd 11 on the updates page for you which should work as a fresh product. If you dont want to do this, maybe there is a setting under preferences saying reset or something?