Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 14
Pete 12 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael, can you tell us where ( or how) we can download a CL-Cleaner-Tool, made for PDVD 14 ?
We have seen these tools for all the PDVD-versions,but cant find this tool for PDVD 14 yet !

Or do we have to use the CL-Cleaner-Tool for PDVD13, if we have to uninstall the PDVD 14 ?

Thank you for your help! Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pete 12,
there is no cleaner tool for PowerDVD 14 as our RD implemented an new Installer that should have fixed all the possible hassles.

If you encounter any problem while installing, please get inn contact with our technical support

cheers
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
rjsqxxx [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 25, 2010 08:01 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
By the way the cleaner for powerdvd 13 did next to nothing. What exactly is it suppose to do?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 04. 2014 02:23

[Post New]
Clean the reg + files probably. Generally clean enough to allow an install. Instead of saying program exists (when it has been removed)
rjsqxxx [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 25, 2010 08:01 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Clean the reg + files probably. Generally clean enough to allow an install. Instead of saying program exists (when it has been removed)
=============================================================================
Yes it may do that much but isn't really much help. It should remove all traces of the program in the registry, files, etc...
It didn't come even close to that.

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Clean the reg + files probably. Generally clean enough to allow an install. Instead of saying program exists (when it has been removed)
=============================================================================
Yes it may do that much but isn't really much help. It should remove all traces of the program in the registry, files, etc...
It didn't come even close to that.

There are several free programs that will remove all traces of a program -- even if there was a failed uninstall. Try downloading Revo Uninstaller Pro (free trial) to remove the remnants that are left over. Using forced Uninstall in the moderate mode. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
dsf post is spam and will be removed ! .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Carlo Ugo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 11, 2014 12:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Getting MD5 error while trying to install PowerDVD Live with Application Manager, I opened a support ticket but still trying to find a faster way.. it seems there is none

EDIT: The customer service sent me an answer in no time with a direct link to download the product, great guys ;

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2014 13:16