Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am embarrassed to say that I can't find the "location of Project Files".
I know that my Auto Save Project is set to every 5 min. and that the location is by default is set to:
Users\Raul\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0\AutoSave\
But when I search in Windows Explorer nothing comes up, even when I search *.pds.

Searching for things in my PC has always been confusing to me.
How do you say " hold my hand and help" ?
Thanks Tony.
Have turned off Shadow Files but, as you suspected, not a fix.

Any other ideas?
PD9 Build 2702
When I select the last clip, on the time line, Window closes with "Power Director has stopped working" and PD9 closes.
Cannot continue editing when I click on the last clip since the above appears and PD9 closes.
This closing has happened before and for the first time in this particular project but, I have been able to re-open PD9 to remove the clip and effects and continued editing for quite a bit.

It always happens when I have applied some effect, PIP, etc. Not the clip alone.

I am working in HD my camera records in AVCHD. Have always and only worked other projects at this high level without this problem.

Thank you Bubba:
Interestingly, de-selected Link Tracks in Edit Preferences and then the Remove and Close Gap works!
50 undo's is a blessing.
Quote: Hi. I think you might be able to solve your problem in Preferences, Editing, by turning on "Link all Tracks.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

I have selected Link Tracks in my Edit preferences but the clips don't link.
I also right click on the space between two clips but, the Remove and Close Gap is grayed out and not selectable. Have used this feature before but now it won't work for me.
Thanks Bubba.
Yep, I just started playing with features and sure can learn a lot faster than reading the Guide.
Man, this is fun.
Are Transitions supposed to stay between two photos ( not movie clips )?
I am able to place them at beginning or end of a photo.

The PD9 Guide says I should be able to do it between two "clips".
Is the word "clips" referring to video only?
tks
Thanks for replies.
Thanks for reply.
It doesn't work for me either way: dragging unto clip or placing it on the effects timeline.

I have just begun testing most of the effects to see how they work and many of them don't.

I think I am going to uninstall and re-install PD9. This was suggested to me for another issue.
Is the Kaleidoscope effect supposed to work with photos on the timeline?
Often, when I turn PD9 back on, I find that Effects and Audio has changed from the positions.
Just now one music was placed on in front of the other. I noticed it because it was the beginning sound clip.
What's going on?
Thanks, just what I was looking for.
Need to get more creative when shooting videos.
Any tutorials to learn the strategy of making interesting videos?
OK that's great.
Adjusting volume is a clip at a time?
Can two sounds and music tracks be played together?

Have a birthday party general noise together with the video clips, of course but, also have music track with songs in it.
I'd like to play both tracks while reducing the volume of the background party noise.

Quote: Wow, you're having problems with your killer machine? I have a Core2 Quad Q6600 with 8 gigs and it takes me a whole day to open an 1 hour HD TV show, break it into scenes, and then edit out the commercials. I was hoping a new machine would make things faster, how is it working for you?

I am very happy with PD9.
I just got it on April 23rd, 2011 and I knew I would have to learn a lot of stuff. I'm just excited that there is so much to learn. Because there will be a lot of stuff to use!
My sole thing ( don't know if its a problem ) is when I am working the time line and add or modify, the preview screen doesn't show the scene I am working with; its either dark or dark with the cross hairs. I feel like I want to work too fast. Always able to preview though.

Everything works beautiful, I think.
I am new with PD9 and very happy with it.
When I ask questions to improve it with new hardware, it's just that I want the smoothest operations possible.

Would recommend PD9 to anyone!
The price is very affordable also. Most of us have spent a lot more for a lot less technology.

I think I downloaded the driver for XP rather than Win7 x64 and installed it.
Not 100% but I think so.
How has recording in 5.1 surround affected your HD video editing?
I am aware of Previewing in Non-real time setting to turn off the sound while editing.
Quote: I got my ATI 5770 1GB off ebay buy it now NEW for $150....

Would this be a significant improvement in editing?
If yes, could you give me the link to the specific one on eBay? There are several cards there.
thanks
raul
Thanks for the reply
Go to: