Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Are these acceptable Preference directory locations?

File>Import folder: C:\Users\Raul\Videos\
and
File>Export folder: C:\Users\Raul\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0\

I just want to be sure after this reinstall of Windows 7 Prof and 5th reinstall PD9.
Thank you, that gives me an important additional insight.
Having re-installed PD9 I have noticed that it is in two places in the Directory:

Where my programs go: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink

and in my Library/Documents: C:\Users\Raul\Documents\CyberLink

Is this how it should be?

thanks

Quote: Oh Ok didn't see that LOL
Ok in preferences disable 'Shadow file' I found that on my system that stopped any freezes, also get Nvida updated drivers, a new one just release a few days ago.
Other than that I can't say.
Jim

Yes I have "unselected" Enable HD video processing (shadow file).
Yes I have the lates Nvidia GPU driver 2.7533.
thanks
Quote: Just a note..."Troubles, troubles" is not a good topic title for those who wish to search for a similar issue down-the-line.
Please forgive me for being picky, picky.

Good observation. Noted.
thanks
Look at the bottom of my reply and you will see what my pc looks like. Other in this forum have considered it very good for PD9.

THANKS
The most I have been able to do on the timeline is about 10 to 12 minutes and starts to bug down,4-10 seconds delays. It's all very confusing as I don't see a pattern.
I closed for the day and on the next day it started up very quickly and smooth. It doesn't make sense to me.
Onward an forward in search of answers.
May I'll get lucky.
thanks
Jim, I only have PD9 and I bought a CD backup since I didn't feel confident burning my own. I don't have any other software which cannot be replaced for free and these are utilities to clean my system. Whatever else I may have takes second place to PD9 at this moment in my scale of interests.
I got Label Print for free and have nothing else from CyberLink.

I would really like to know how your are doing with a new PC, clean W7 install and PD9.
I'd like to give PD9 my best shot before I do anything else, since it has so many pluses and this price range.
What is amazing to me is that some many other people are producing great video and I am just fighting windmills rather than learning and being creative.
thanks
raúl
If I re-install my Windows 7 Professional, what are the chances that I won't have so many problems with PD9? Someone else in the forum was doing this but don't know how that turned out.

I figure that if my many problems are due to other software interactions (since I am told my PC is robust enough) and I begin anew then I should be left with the problems inherent in PD9, which should be fewer.

At this point I am willing to try almost anything.

My doctor just prescribed Aricept which improves the memory.
And I thought he was over doing it.
Yep ynotfish, my old RAM needs refurbishing.
thanks
I just re-installed PD9, added Update 2930 and now all Titles and Particles are gone, except the ones I downloaded before re-install, which are only a few.
Regardless of my PD9 problems, this forum is fantastic!
Thank you gentlemen
1-Does uninstall/reinstall erase the present project file?
2-Would installing CODECS (ffdshow) benefit if I only use videos from one AVCHD camera?

thanks
Quote:
Raul,
only, I read "Nero QuickTime(tm) Video Decoder,0x00400000,1,1,NeQTDec.ax,4.11.0003.0001" in your dxdiag...??
This is what I would try...;

After uninstalling the other software/restarting computer
probably some would advice you to re-install PD9 again.... - I'm not sure...
Be sure to get/have a clean Quicktime
(you should not have to set it as default viewer)
I know several here (also I) have the FFD-show (free "codec-pack")

You should NOT have to set your preview to low, your computer should be fine.

Hang in there,
I'm sure more suggestions will come!

Nina, why would Nero get into my video editing ? Just trying to learn a little.
thanks
raúl
Nina

I forgot to mention, on the positive side:
The troublesome, 10 minute video of one of my grandsons was received with rave reviews by the whole family.
It's a learner's video but they were impressed.
Now everybody has requests for more videos.
So all that trouble paid off manifold.
Quote: rcalzadilla

If you have shadow files turned on, try turning them off.

Preferences on the general tab. Enable file processing..... uncheck.

Made sure is turned OFF.
thanks
Thanks Nina.
I have Nero installed but don't use it so it's getting uninstalled right now.
I do have Quicktime but don't think it's related/owned by another program. I read elsewhere that I should make my default viewer. Should I make it my default?
Have uninstalled and installed PD9 3 times but don't know enough about codecs or splitters being wiped out.
I have my preview at Normal but I'll set at to Low resolution.

Regardless of my venting, I continue to like PD9 and hope there are solutions in the future.

Today I went back to editing and loaded 19 minutes worth of clips unto the timeline in one action then started from the end backwards ( the end was what was giving me a hard time before ) adding effects, titles,etc. Incredibly everything works fast and almost perfectly!

Regards, raul

I've had PD9 Ultra 64 for about five weeks and have to re-install 3 times (have a PD9 cd from CyberLink) and the problems get progressively worse, that is, each time I use it I have more problems.
Now the worsening progression occurs when I am reaching around the 9 minute mark in the timeline. It's incredible how many starts, stops, black preview screens, lagging response to my click selections: click on a clip, wait for response, click on another clip, wait again, add an effect, it won't play, add the effect next to it and it does play. Finally (many, many times) Windows says PD9 has stopped working and PD9 closes; a generous reply from the CLForum and got rid of the last five edited clips and was able to keep PD9 from closing. Decided to finish this project at the timeline 10 min. mark because the response to my click (selecting a clip) would take from 4 to 12 seconds.
Have always had the problem of selecting a clip and the preview screen shows up black with the crosshair and circle, go back to another clip and that one previous then, go to the one I want to see in the preview screen.....

One very good thing is the CLForum which is very helpful but, even the experienced ones cannot fix the myriad of issues which are compounded by the myriad of PC configurations. This makes me wonder how there are tons and tons of software out there which do work with all those PCs.

The philosophical view is that video editing is still at a developmental stage and that you get a lot for $90.00, albeit, not fully developed and working.

I for one will continue trying for I don't know how long and start looking at other video editing software and their prices.
Great! Now have found the .pds folders.
Had to choose a saved file six clips back from the end of the timeline. So there was more than one back clip.

How can I avoid these bad clips? Are they in the original video or did this happen when editing the clip?

Would better hardware help in avoiding these things?

Thanks for all your assistance.
I am embarrassed to say that I can't find the "location of Project Files".
I know that my Auto Save Project is set to every 5 min. and that the location is by default is set to:
Users\Raul\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0\AutoSave\
But when I search in Windows Explorer nothing comes up, even when I search *.pds.

Searching for things in my PC has always been confusing to me.
How do you say " hold my hand and help" ?
Go to: