Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Why stop there?
BluRay Burners are reasonable priced and will burn CD-R, DVD, DVD DL, BluRay single and double layer. A DL BD disk is 50 GB."

Didn't now the Blueray Burner would be able to also do the regular and DL DVDs. I agree and will be getting one ASAP.
Do you have a preference for the particular BD burner?
Thanks
Yes, I have a Blueray Disc player but don't have BD burner; haven't needed it because all my videos have fit into a 4.7GB DVD+R, up to this point.
Have been making great High Definition, on regular DVDs, by Producing in H.264 then, choosing AVCHD disc. I see no difference between Blueray Disc and the above. My BD player even turns on a blue light (when I play AVCHD) which only appears when playing BD movies!

Thanks for your reply.

Do you need a special DL burner to use the 8.5GB double layer DVD?
Well I went with splitting into two DVD 4.7GB each.
Put 44 minutes in each.
If I ever go to this length I'll split it into 2 DVDs. Don't think I'll be doing it too many times, though.
Carl, which Nero version do you use?
Is it free?
HalCon, funny I just got a notification for your reply!
How many minutes will fit in a 4.7GB DVD-R>
I am producing in MPEG-4.
My camera is AVCHD.
TKS
I am not getting an e-mail when there is a reply to my posted thread.
Have verified that My Profile has notification selected.
Have check marked "Notify when a reply is posted" when posting.
Thank you Tony
ynotfish, splitting my project is something I hadn't thought of.
I already built my timeline for the whole project. Can I split it in two and not loose the second part of the timeline?

Do you know how many minutes, in HD, will fit into a 4.7GB disc?
I guess my choices are either DL burner for 8.5GB DVD DL discs or just change over to Blueray Disc which I guess it's inevitable.
I rarely do videos over 1 hr but I have another one coming up at the end of the year which may run 2 hrs, for foreign trip.
The BD burners are around $100 and of course, the more expensive BD discs.
Are you considering going to Blue ray Disc?
Hi Rocket-Scientist, I say HD meaning my AVCHD recording which I Produce as H.264 and then choose HD DVD for Burning with PD9.
I play these DVD+R (4.7GB) in my Sony Blue Ray player and it's very sharp on my HD LCD screen. I have never used a BD disc since I only have a regular DVD burner.

Does the 8.5GB, double layer DVD need a specific DL burner?
thanks
Thanks for your reply.
It seems that the largest size DVD is 8.5GB, which will accommodate MPEG-4 at 7.9GB.
High Definition will take up 9.4GB. So it seems I am out of luck for the HD. Is that correct?
I have a 1hr 33 minute video for the first time. It's size is about 9.5GB in High Def (not Blue Ray) and it won't fit in a 4.7GB DVD that I have.
Are there larger sized DVDs, not Blue Ray?
If I remove clips from Library does that affect my Timeline?
I am doing a one hour video and the Library gets crowded so I want to make room for new clips to add to the Timeline; so I want to remove my entire library. Is this OK to do? I won't loose any of my work already done in my Timeline?
thanks

Nina, I am very sorry to learn of has happened. My prayers are with you and your people.
raul
Quote: Don't get disappointed when you find that the lagging comes back......

You had problems after reinstall of your operating system? I really hope not!

Have experienced many glitches as a new user of PD9. All while editing.
Problems were mostly with lagging, stopping. Clips on the timeline would not be selectable then selected another clip to then go back and select the most recent.
Also had migrating of titles, effects without ever knowing why.

I have solved all these problems and now everything works very well. PD9 now is a wonderful tool at a very good price. It will take me a long time to learn all the wonderful and powerful editing options! Most of my time is spent discovering all its features as I create my videos. Happy camper me! Aso, I now know it was not PD9 creating my problems.

The solution: Re-installed my Operating System, Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit.

Now I am adding back my other software one at a time and then go back and check PD9 is functioning well. Not a single problem yet.
I have gotten this notification twice during production and I have just chosen to activate. Never had a problem again.
thanks, ynotfish.
raul
Go to: