Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the reply
Strictly working in High Definition.
I'd like to improve the video editing speed/smoothness. That is, the process of working between the library and time line. The going back and forth wjem trying the different effects, transition, particles, etc.

Would upgrading the Graphics Card help noticeably? I am thinking of spending around $200 if that would do it.

Success!
Tried the regular uninstall in Revo, which didn't work, then did a Forced Uninstall with Revo and it worked.
Then the program showed a long list of leftovers and files which were offered to either ignore or clean. I chose to clean/delete (not sure which word) to each of the windows.
I have now installed PD9 again and it's working perfectly.

Had another program I couldn't uninstall and took care of that with the first try.
Revo is definitely a keeper.

Thanks very much.
Thanks for your replies.
Tried both uninstallers and both started running then:
Can't Load Forward CDKey_dll

When I try to uninstall >control panel>programs>uninstall and select PD9 I get this:
Can't load Forward CDKey.dll.

Thanks for reply Adrian:
I cannot accomplish the first step of uninstalling PD9.
Is there a way I can extract the WaveEditor from my back up PD9 CD? I tried but don't know how.

Good day!
raul
When I select Edit Audio button I get the following:

Cyberlink PD could not launch CyberLink WaveEditor.
Try re-installing the WaveEditor program.

I have the Cyberlink back up CD.

Tried to uninstall PD9 but I got this: Can't load Forward CDKey.dll
Found the instructions for CLCLeaner7.0-9.exe and CCleaner-PDR9SmartSound.rar

Can I run these programs without uninstalling first?

Well, just printed the PD9 Guide (131pgs more or less) with my own printer. Front and back of each sheet of paper, so it takes half the number of sheets. A ream of 500 sheets costs about $6.00. (1 cent/page)
Most of the print is black and white so it mostly used the black ink. A black ink cartridge costs around $23.00 and lasts 480 pages. (5 cents/page).
A color cartridge is about $29 or 330 pages. (9 cents/page)
Took it to FedEx Office and for $5.49 they bound it with a spiral and included a front an back protective plastic sheet.
I am guessing it cost me around $11 to $12 all told. Maybe less.

Now the manual lays flat as I read the instructions. Right next to the left of my keyboard.
Happy camper, now.

thanks for all the ideas.
It would be easier for me to have a printed manual and not opening two windows and going back and forth between the two.
The idea about the Public Library is excellent and I am heading over there ASAP.

Agree about saving the trees as much as possible.

thanks for all replies
I'd like to get a printed PD9 Manual.
Office Max wants $162.00 for the 282 page in color.
Quote: I wouldn't worry about turning off SLI you may need it for something else on your computer. I have SLI enabled with my GTX460's and it just shows when rendering that only one of the cards is being used.

The Nvidia drivers though, 266.58 (the latest release) causes artefacts when using hardware acceleration in the produce window. 260.99 the previous release and the newest beta drivers don't. I have the latest beta drivers installed and they work a treat.

Regarding ram I have 6 gig in my machine and I rarely go over 4gig usage, so I would say 6 gig would do you fine.

Have you had any problem installing driver 270.61 that just came out?
I can't install it because"not compatible with my version of Windows" and had to restore to previous point.
HGedit
Thanks for reply
I was thinking of getting another 6GB (3x2GB) but Mushkin no longer makes this model.
Would I have to get 12GB and not use my present sticks?

thanks
Quote: Hi. On a 64-bit platform, 6 GB RAM is the "minimum" suggested for HD editing, which equates to about 3 GB on a 32-bit system. If you are going to be doing some heavy duty HD editing, I would upgrade to 8 GB of RAM just to ensure that PD9 Ultra x64 has lots of RAM available.

Just my suggestion. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

I plan to edit mostly in HD, my motherboard has another 3 RAM slots free. The total RAM slots are 6.
Thinking another 6MB for a total of 12, or would that be a waste?
At present I can afford little extra expense.
I just found, in the help file of PD9, how to import from a AVCHD camcorder, and going to try it next time.
I'm thinking that the PD9 software may provide features which may enhance the capture.
I can't get PD9 to CAPTURE (import) from my USB connected camcorder.

Had to let Windows do the importing from 'CANON (G drive.

I used these steps:
PC Turned On
My camcorder OFF > Opened PD9 and selected CAPTURE (a little windows opened and quickly closed (unreadable)) >Turned camcorder ON >connected USB Port:
Nothing happened with PD9 on CAPTURE mode.
PC (Windows) gave me several choices ie. Picasa etc., I chose to Import with Windows. Every video was imported.

I'd really like for PD9 to CAPTURE.

help!?
Thanks for responses.

In which format should I burn the standard DVD?

Wow that sure is an easy and elegant way of doing it.
thanks very much!
How do I reduce or delete the sound in the original video?
Thanks.
I have never seen this icon for an installer.
Now I feel a little silly asking the question.
Have downloaded trial PD9 and everything looks fine except, I don't know what the small icon with books coming out of a box.
Every time I click on it i start extracting a long list but, I have stopped it because I don't know what it is.

I have attached an image of it.
Go to: