Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cutting and Remove Help!.
PwnDirector [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2009 09:43 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hi..

When you Cut or remove a segment of video or Title from the Timeline, it will then close the gap.!

Can you not stop this from Happening somehow!..

I need to remove 7 or 8 Title segments near the beginning of my project but when I remove/Cut them, The
rest of the timeline shifts along, This makes the rest of the 15min project all out of sync..

Would Appreciate any help.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 24. 2011 11:33

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I think you might be able to solve your problem in Preferences, Editing, by turning on "Link all Tracks.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
PwnDirector [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2009 09:43 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Well Done !

Seems to work ok for what I'm trying to achieve..
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
Member Location: South Florida Joined: Apr 13, 2011 18:55 Messages: 107 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi. I think you might be able to solve your problem in Preferences, Editing, by turning on "Link all Tracks.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

I have selected Link Tracks in my Edit preferences but the clips don't link.
I also right click on the space between two clips but, the Remove and Close Gap is grayed out and not selectable. Have used this feature before but now it won't work for me.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Peculiar to PD9, if you have a title or anything else that needs to be deleted, if you drag the title (or whatever) to a lower track, let it sit, then delete it, the overall timeline will not move. Then if you want you can delete the space. It's a good thing you can have 50 undo's..... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
Member Location: South Florida Joined: Apr 13, 2011 18:55 Messages: 107 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Bubba:
Interestingly, de-selected Link Tracks in Edit Preferences and then the Remove and Close Gap works!
50 undo's is a blessing.
EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX
Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 285, 1GB
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
Canon Vixia HF S21 (AVCHD)