Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Desqueezing anamorphic drone footage with PD16....
2bskyhi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2020 12:27 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm really happy to hear that! Not everyone is willing to start over with a new Windows installation due to video editing problems, and yet whenever they've done so (here on the forum), it usually results in PD working properly.

Congratulations on seeing this through to the end, and now you can concentrate on making content. Nice job! cool

Yes! There is a fine line between stubborn & persistant, and I often blunder into stubborn due to enough good outcomes from my persitance... Probably a proverb in there somewhere.

Again, I coudn't have done it if you all lacked saintly patience smilesmile

Thanks again, 2bskyhi
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... To Tomasc, Optodata & PepsiMan. ... HAPPY HAPPY, JOY JOY: ...

happy Easter, chris.

i have made an easier tutorials for you. it's too easy. really.

how to desqueeze(de-squeeze) decompress 1.33x Anamorphic aspect ratio borderless videos with HandBrake.
핸드브레이크를 사용하여 1.33배 아나모픽 종횡비 테두리 없는 비디오를 압축 해제하는 방법: https://youtu.be/sFa4ILR9auw

it is a Covid-19 LockDown special. ^^

be safe.
happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2020 20:05

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
2bskyhi [Avatar]
[Post New]

happy Easter, chris.

how to desqueeze(de-squeeze) decompress 1.33x Anamorphic aspect ratio borderless videos with HandBrake.
핸드브레이크를 사용하여 1.33배 아나모픽 종횡비 테두리 없는 비디오를 압축 해제하는 방법: https://youtu.be/sFa4ILR9auw

be safe.
happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Thank you very much PepsiMan. I downloaded Handbrake last week when I reinstalled Windows on my tablet, but I've not yet had a chance to check it out.
Finally getting around to tackling my taxes... No "Happy or Joy"
I will try your workflow ASAP and let you know how it worked--can't wait to try it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again, Chris
2bskyhi [Avatar]
[Post New]

happy Easter, chris.

be safe.
happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Hi PepsiMan, I installed Handbrake & imported the default 1:33 anamorphic "Drone.mp4" test clip we were using previously. Everything worked fine, but there were a few differences in our versions of Handbrake, because I had several different options that I just ignored. After hitting the green Encode button, the produced video was properly desqueezed, but I had a couple of little issues I was able to solve. First, I had to Save the Preset changes several times before the Preset actually "saved" them(might have been me). So now all settings are saved & the entire process repeats reliably using the Preset. The only other strange thing was the file type kept trying to save as .m4v--not the .mp4 that I kept changing it to. Anyway, it works great now, and I like having another tool that works for anamorphic desqueezing. Like you said, the upscaling is overkill for most of my needs, so I can use the Handbrake preset for 4k, and the Custom .ini in PD18 for the higher-res option that I might need occasionally...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN for helping me with this!!!
Chris
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... the file type kept trying to save as .m4v--not the .mp4 that I kept changing it to. ...

go to TOOLS and drop down the menu to PREFERENCES.
at the OUTPUT FILES: third from the bottom MP4 FILE EXTENSION: Always use MP4. will always produce .MP4 files.

ensure that your resolution is Modulus 2. both width and height are divisible by 2. ie 4096x1606, 4096x1600, 3840x1600, 3840x1606, 1920x804, 1920x800, 1280x536, 1280x532... etc.
always recheck your presets before producing. it is a free program and it isn't perfect!

use PowerDirector to spit shine your masterpiece and let the HandBrake de-squeeze to CinemaScope and you've got a unbeatable combo until CyberLink supports 21:9, 2.35:1 and 2.39:1 aspect ratios... ^^

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1