Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help with set up
Inform1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2020 19:38 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Would someone be kind enough to help me with setting up power director suite directly from new bought discs.
Many Thanks!
Inform1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Would someone be kind enough to help me with setting up power director suite directly from new bought discs.
Many Thanks!

Power Director 12 Disks won't load on trusted PC and disk drive
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
PD12 is not windows 10 compatible. Please post whatever error or informational messages you get when you either inset the disk or what name of file you tried to run. There should be two discs. How did you try to install them. Auto run is disable in windows 10 by default. The more details you give, the better usees here can help.
Inform1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote PD12 is not windows 10 compatible. Please post whatever error or informational messages you get when you either inset the disk or what name of file you tried to run. There should be two discs. How did you try to install them. Auto run is disable in windows 10 by default. The more details you give, the better usees here can help.

No, this is Win7 professional edition.
installed run exe and direct through DD.
Just keeps spinning.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Try this with windows explorer: Go to the AutoRun Folder on the disc and open the AutoRun.exe. It this does not work then the discs may have deteriorated somewhat or need cleaning.
Inform1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try this with windows explorer: Go to the AutoRun Folder on the disc and open the AutoRun.exe. It this does not work then the discs may have deteriorated somewhat or need cleaning.

Thank you. This PC does not have Windows Explorer. I will see if I can find a download for it someplace on the internet.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Windows explorer is in windows 7. See this article on how to open it: https://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/26178-how-open-windows-explorer-windows-7-a.html .
Inform1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Windows explorer is in windows 7. See this article on how to open it: https://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/26178-how-open-windows-explorer-windows-7-a.html .

C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
goes to libraries

I have tried this about a year ago. I really don't think its on here.
What search is doing is just finding any document with the words "windows explorer" in it.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's really hard to understand what kind of computer you're working on. Maybe it's in kiosk mode or some other non-standard configuration, and I can't say it's a complete surprise to hear that it's also unable to read the disc contents.

Trying to do practical things without any kind of file manager is difficult, as there's no easy way to copy the DVD contents to the hard drive. Do you perhaps have a normal computer you can install PD12 on instead, or at least can copy the DVD contents onto a flash drive which might be autoinstalled on your original target?

None of this sounds like a PowerDirector issue to me. See if you can run the DxDiag test as described here and attach the results when you reply.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2020 00:48

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Inform1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It's really hard to understand what kind of computer you're working on. Maybe it's in kiosk mode or some other non-standard configuration, and I can't say it's a complete surprise to hear that it's also unable to read the disc contents.

Trying to do practical things without any kind of file manager is difficult, as there's no easy way to copy the DVD contents to the hard drive. Do you perhaps have a normal computer you can install PD12 on instead, or at least can copy the DVD contents onto a flash drive which might be autoinstalled on your original target?

None of this sounds like a PowerDirector issue to me. See if you can run the DxDiag test as described here and attach the results when you reply.

Thank you.

I read that thread previously concerning DXDiag. First of all there is no start menu or run line. This is a DELL E6530 bought from Dell. I find no DxDiag program on this PC. Is this something I can download?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you.

I read that thread previously concerning DXDiag. First of all there is no start menu or run line. This is a DELL E6530 bought from Dell. I find no DxDiag program on this PC. Is this something I can download?

Unfortunately, the DxDiag app is a core part of Windows just like File Explorer, and if you don't even have a Start menu I have no idea how your system is running. You can see if anything in this MS article will help.

You can also visit this Dell support page for your laptop and click on the Quick Test button to check your system.

Honestly, your system is not normal and it might be best if you could take it to a techy friend or repair person to help get it configured correctly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2020 02:10

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Inform1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Unfortunately, the DxDiag app is a core part of Windows just like File Explorer, and if you don't even have a Start menu I have no idea how your system is running. You can see if anything in this MS article will help.

You can also visit this Dell support page for your laptop and click on the Quick Test button to check your system.

Honestly, your system is not normal and it might be best if you could take it to a techy friend or repair person to help get it configured correctly.

Thank you.
That is a great idea about going to the Dell site. I will try that next.
I really had no doubt that these discs would not load. I run CDroms on this thing all the time. DVD's, CD's and other interacting discs. No disc has not run except for these.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
It might be that you simply have the taskbar set to "Auto-hide" in which case you won't have a start menu and it won't appear unless you mouse over it.

Do some screen captures with the basic "Print Screen" key and post a few pics of what your desktop looks like could be beneficial.

Since you imply you can get to Dells website, you must have a browser that works, simply type D: or whatever the path to your DVD drive is in the url and the contents of the DVD should open if it can be read.

Several users in that timeframe had issues with auto loading the discs and installing from the disc, maybe part of your issue is similar. For most the resolution to this was to simply copy the contents of the disc to a location on the computer and launch setup.exe from this saved location.

Jeff
Inform1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It might be that you simply have the taskbar set to "Auto-hide" in which case you won't have a start menu and it won't appear unless you mouse over it.

Do some screen captures with the basic "Print Screen" key and post a few pics of what your desktop looks like could be beneficial.

Since you imply you can get to Dells website, you must have a browser that works, simply type D: or whatever the path to your DVD drive is in the url and the contents of the DVD should open if it can be read.

Several users in that timeframe had issues with auto loading the discs and installing from the disc, maybe part of your issue is similar. For most the resolution to this was to simply copy the contents of the disc to a location on the computer and launch setup.exe from this saved location.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff!

This is really something Cyblink support should have helped with.
OK The Taskbar is visible.
D: Disk drive is also always working, and it just keeps showing "Insert a Disc". As PD discs just keep spinning for 2 or 3 minutes then spit out.
Dells test "shows normal operation.

But I did find DX DIAG Prog.
If it is OK with your forum I will post its very long results.

I thank you guys very much for your help.

I will be back at 12:30 Pacific.

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

It does not look like your forum accepts cut and paste though ??

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 02. 2020 11:17

PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Inform1.
Quote ... C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
goes to libraries ...

that is the Windows Explorer on the desktop opened...

Quote ... D: Disk drive is also always working, and it just keeps showing "Insert a Disc". As PD discs just keep spinning for 2 or 3 minutes then spit out. ...

what you're experiencing is a 'Cyclic Redundancy'.
make sure that DvD is seated properly in the DvD w-r tray or you can try an another external DvD or Blu-ray writer-ROM???

why? because your current DvD writer-reader is showing it's age, old.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
[Thumb - 20200402_1019.jpg]
 Filename
20200402_1019.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
w7 windows explorer in Libraries
 Filesize
958 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - 20200402_103439.jpg]
 Filename
20200402_103439.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PD12 Ult Suite Upgrade & Retail
 Filesize
1020 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 02. 2020 11:58

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
optodata
[Post New]
Quote It does not look like your forum accepts cut and paste though ??

Please use the Attachments button below the forum's text window to upload the DxDiag test results file.

I'm glad other users are helping to fill in the blanks here! We're really in the dark without screenshots.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2020 13:16

YouTube/optodata

Inform1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
A
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
151 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for the DxDiag results! The one thing that really jumps out at me is that your video driver is 7 years old, while the final Dell version was released only about a year ago. You can have the Dell website automatically check your system for all available updates from this page. Just click on the Detect Driver button.

Did the diagnosing tool that I linked to earlier work, and/or come up with any issues? Your C: drive has plenty of room and I don't see anythin unusual with your CD-ROM drive, other than perhaps a newer driver might be available since that one came out in 2010.

If you can take a screenshot of your desktop, and especially what happens when you type in "windows explorer" as you wrote earlier, that would really help us understand how to guide you through this!

YouTube/optodata

PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... I don't see anythin unusual with your CD-ROM drive, other than perhaps a newer driver might be available since that one came out in 2010. ...

ditto!

Inform1.
the reason you're getting a Cyclic Redundancy is because CD-ROM drive that you have can not read DvDs!

go to your friend's house. borrow their pc with DvD RW and copy all the contents in disc 1 and 2 into two seperate folders to a usb thumb drive. come back home and install from that thumb drive. period.

also looking at your DxDiag file you haven't installed nVidia drivers for NVS 5200M video card. that gpu is integrated into the motherboard and can not be replaced. well my latitude e6530 is. ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
PepsiMan
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
169 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 02. 2020 16:32

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
Inform1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you thank you, Thank You Buddies!

I Appreciate your help

I Wish there were neighbors w/ comp knowledge here