Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Interface Screen Capture Issue
Taylor Warinsky [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2020 21:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I'm a music teacher forced into the realm of distance learning because of the COVID pandemic! I have been using screencapture to make videos for my classes and have been using an outboard microphone through my Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre audio interface to get a better sound quality than my laptop speaker. However, there has been audio clipping and dropouts when I try to use the microphone combined with the computer's internal audio.

I made sure the sample rate and bit rate matched on PowerDirector 17's audio preferences and on my audio interface's settings but that's about the extent of my troubleshooting skills with this.

Any advice on how to set up an external mic with the screen capture to get high quality audio would be greatly appreciated!
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.
please read this Read Me Before Posting - Suggestions to Get the Best Results and give us at least this one- Generating the DxDiag.txt File at the bottom of the list.

Quote ... using an outboard microphone through my Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre audio interface to get a better sound quality than my laptop speaker. ...

you need to troubleshoot

1. microphone: is it in good servieable condition?

2. connectors to Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre in good condition. not broken, bent connectors or cords not frayed...

3. is USB cable in good condition? try different one...

4. try another USB port on the laptop.

5. lastly your laptop...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
Taylor Warinsky [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2020 21:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestions PepsiMan!

Unfortunatley none of that was the problem, all of the equipment is good and the computer is a new XPS with 32 GB DDR, 4.5 GhZ 6 core Intel i7-9750H, the audio cables and mic are fine also.

I did not figure out how to solve this problem in PowerDirector, I am now recording the audio in a DAW while recording a screencapture, then I Sync By Audio the new .WAV export from my DAW and mute the original computer audio, which is working fine for me now.

This is all great, however, now I am trying to do the same process using a Logitec C930c webcam because it is better than my built in webcam on my laptop.

Now the problem I am encountering is that the audio captured by the C930 is lagging far behind the image, which makes syncing the audio useless. So my question has become how to I fix lagging audio from a webcam?

Quote welcome to the forum.
please read this Read Me Before Posting - Suggestions to Get the Best Results and give us at least this one- Generating the DxDiag.txt File at the bottom of the list.

you need to troubleshoot

1. microphone: is it in good servieable condition?

2. connectors to Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre in good condition. not broken, bent connectors or cords not frayed...

3. is USB cable in good condition? try different one...

4. try another USB port on the laptop.

5. lastly your laptop...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
i'm assuming that you're using the PD's screen recorder.
i use Camstudio even though i have PD14 screen recorder. if you have nVidia gpu then uninstall the GeForce Experience. it's been known to cause problems.

my work around for out of sync video/audio is to record 3-5 seconds longer and use 'Unlink Video and Audio' function to move left or right to properly align the video/audio. also update audio drivers and manually delete temporary files.

if you don't get any more replies to your issue then suggest post it on Forum Index » Screen Recorder and or
you can open a support ticket How do I contact CyberLink for a technical support or a program failure? ...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1