Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
G'day Greg -

... this one was made in response to a similar question, so maybe it'll help you.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Aerocanarder -

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you define as a "non-linear zoom"?

Do you mean what the rate/speed of the zoom varies? Like ramping it up or down?

If so, you could do that in PiP Designer, as AVPlayVideo suggests, especially if you made use of the Ease In/Out feature for keyframes.

Maybe you mean something different.

Cheers - Tony
Nice solution & tutorial Jim

Dungthanh072 - There are always different ways to go about things. Jim's suggested using a keyframed circular mask.

You could also achieve a similar effect by using a transition like this one or overlay a PiP Object like this.

So - you have at least 3 options.

Cheers - Tony
Hi NeillT -

You can't apply multiple masks to a single video clip in PDR.

If you have a clip where you want to mask in/out separate objects or parts of the video, like this:

... you need to insert the clip on separate tracks and mask each part separately, like this:

The masks on each clip can be keyframed to "follow" the subject if that's what's required.

Cheers - Tony
Hi rogbngp -

Using the Zoom FX, you are restricted to zooming to/from the centre. AVPlayVideo's suggestion of using Magic Motion gives you greater flexibility.

Take a look at this packed project. The same image has been zoomed with Magic Motion 3 times - fast, medium & slow. The difference is how far they zoom. Another way to control it is by changing the duration - longer duration = slower zoom.

Cheers - Tony
That's OK. Need for confidentiality understood.

The screenshots you uploaded before did not clearly show the screen layout, like these two:

You won't be surprised to learn that I can't replicate your issue at all. When I set the cropping frame (top image below) & produce, I get exactly what I asked for (bottom image).

Cheers - Tony
Hi LoopyLou16 -

This may be impractical, or you may prefer not to do it, but would it be possible to upload a short sample of your Zoom recording to a shared file site? Google Drive One Drive or similar? If that can't happen, how about some full screen shots of how the video appears in PDR's preview (using snapshot)?

I've edited similar video conference chats, but not using Zoom. As you've experienced previously, any cropping done in editing is reflected accurately in the produced file.

I understand the Zoom recording is processed as .MP4, but what are the other video properties?

Cheers - Tony
Hi JoeZ99 -

Did you notice the opening statement in the VO? "Overcapture is when you reframe 360 content & save it as a traditional fixed perspective video or photo."

Even though PDR's View Designer doesn't function the same way as the GoPro app on a mobile device BUT then end result is the same.

i.e. the editor sets the view angles, zooms & pans throughout the video and saves it as a standard video where the viewer annot manipulate the view like a 360° video.

The GoPro app is recording a screen capture and creating a completely new video. PDR is using the original footage to change the view, then that's produced as a standard 16:9 video.

Cheers - Tony
Hi C.DeMille -

As Tomas says, it works pretty much the same way in PDR16. The labels are different but the process is the same.

In the PDR10 tutorial, you select your circle highlight in Track 2 then Modify to open PiP Designer. In PDR16, select your circle highlight, then Designer > PiP Designer (or just double click it).

Once you're in PiP Designer, the interface looks way different than it did in PDR10. If you look at the attached screenshot, you'll see you can replicate what's in the tutorial by setting Position keyframes... perhaps Scale keyframes will be needed too, depending on your clip.

Another possibility is using PDR16's Motion Tracker tool (under Tools) to track a subject in your video clip.

Cheers - Tony
G'day Ian -

Quote: I'd really prefer to not do it manually, if that is an option.

The trouble is - THAT'S the way to do it.

Getting hold of keyframes in PDR - I mean getting to know how to use them - is going to give you complete control of what you're doing. It's really worth investing some time into getting on top of it.

This title template does what you need & it took about 4-5 minutes to make. All I did was modify opne of the Scrolling Credits templates.

Ditch the starting & ending effects
Set starting position & ending position keyframes
Add & set central keyframe so text freezes at the end

It's really not that difficult, evidenced by the fact that some old fella from down under did it without too much bother.

Give it a go. You might surprise yourself.

Cheers - Tony
Further to above:

Barry - you can download some sample .HEIC files here and here.

Windows Photos & Photo Viewer will open .HEIC files only with Win10 1803 update & then only after installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions & HEVC Video Extensions.

Zoner Photo Studio X opens & edits .HEIC files & (in theory) exports in HEIF format. Export consistently fails here. Apowersoft Photo Viewer opens the files, but it's just a viewer.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Ian -

I use various photo management/editing applications, most of which will NOT import/open .HEIC or .HEIF files. These include Adobe Ps, Adobe Lr, Affinity Photo, ON1 Photo RAW 2018 & others. Microsoft Windows hasn't even caught up yet, so it's a bit much to expect that CyberLink will beat them to the punch!

There are very few apps I've found that can work with photos HEIF photos from iPad Pro & iPhone X with Apple's .HEIC extension.

I think, for the near future at least, converting to JPEG is going to be necessary for most applications.

Cheers - Tony
Hi SGOAdmin -

These should help with your split screen...

If the audio is the same in both clips, you can use "Sync by Audio".

Cheers - Tony
Hi Toney -

Re: Attachments - there's no size limit, but I've had "the forum" totally choke (at times) with even modest sized attachments. Jeff (JL_JL) had the same problem recently & so did Andrej Svajger.

Most of the time I don't even bother with attachments. Uploading to Google Drive is faster & more reliable.

I don't know about the NBFX $50 link tomasc mentioned, but here's Barry's website or you can contact him by PM.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Andrej -

Neither PDR14 no PDR16 has 2560x1440 as an available profile. As Robert (Shadowman) suggested, editing the Profile.ini can create that profile. Using SVRT and selecting the suggested 2560x1440 profile has the same effect.

"2K", in my view, is a misused term very often when referring to 2560x1440. 2.5K is more meaningful.

I couldn't locate any original Vantrue 1440p footage to test, but used some similar clips from other dashcams - Gamin 55 & Z-Edge Z3 Plus. Using either process (manual edit of Profile.ini or SVRT profile) yields a result as close to original quality as you'd want. PDR16 or 14 - no difference.

Cheers - Tony
Hi TeeMan1 -

I couldn't think of a way of editing out the flashing red light in the NB FX... until tomasc pointed out what I should have checked!

There are some simple overlays attached that may suit your purpose. No animation - just the graphic.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Scott -

I'm sure you're seeing what you're seeing, but I'm equally sure I can't replicate that here in PDR16.

I imported 224 360° photos from various cameras - Mission, Gear360, Theta S, Theta V, Fusion, Yi 360, PixPro & Insta360 - about 30% of those were "duplicates" that were edited in PhD9 before import.

I could detect no pinching or distortion at any point in the timeline e.g. unadjusted & adjusted versions of the same 360° photos displayed the same wherever they were placed in the timeline.

N.B. I did not resize any photos before import or use any stretching or CLPV to modify photos.

If you post some screenshots it might make the issue clearer for other members.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Calhoun -

Assuming it's not butted up against another clip, you can nudge media by one frame at a time by selecting it and holding the Alt key whilst tapping the ◄ & ► keys. Obviously ► for forward & ◄ for backward.

Cheers - Tony
Hi chieftan -

You purchased PDR16 for $AU118 from the Harvey Norman online store, but you seem to be blaming CyberLink for the issue you're having with your product card/key. Have you tried contacting Harvey Norman?

Harvey Norman is not listed in CyberLink's Authorised Reseller list, so I assume it's a reseller for Saratoga Distribution.

Harvey Norman seems to have a pretty standard refund/returns policy. Why not return the product, get a refund, then purchase it directly from CyberLink, save yourself $AU37 & get CDR5 as a bonus?

How do you reckon the product support will be if you go the piracy route?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Alan -

If you switch the project from 360 to 16:9 you can open each video/photo in Tools > View Designer and plot the view path for the duration. i.e. you decide what you want the viewer to see.

Then it can be either produced as a standard video or burned to DVD/BR.

Viewers of the disc don't get to choose which way they look, but you've kindly decided for them "laughing"

Cheers - Tony
Hi Alan -

I'm happy to be shot down in flames here, but it's my understanding that 360° videos & photos can be viewed in VR players but cannot retain their interactive properties (viewer control) beyond that.

I think what you're suggesting is that 360° videos/photos could be burned to disc (DVD/BR), but I've never seen or read anything that suggests that's even possible... whatever software is used to create the disc.

Enlighten me or shoot me down. I'm OK with either laughing

Cheers - Tony
Go to: