Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Iris fade out - I need help!
Dungthanh072 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: US Joined: Jul 25, 2018 02:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PD13 on my Windows 10 on my Asus laptop. I am almost done with my 3-hour epic documentary, and the perfect finish would be an iris fadeout on one guy's face. You know, like in the old silent movies whare the screen goes black as a circle gets smaller and smaller on one character's face. I can't seem to find that kind of a transition in the transition room. Is there a place to find such a thing or a way to make it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25. 2018 14:29

JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have any of the Adorage effects in your version of PowerDirector.

If so, there is an effect in Volume 2 Alpha-FX that will do what you are looking for.

Alternatively, you can use a mask to accomplish this task. Choose a circular mask and then keyframe the scale from large to small.

Here is a tutorial on how to do that.

--Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25. 2018 14:33

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Nice solution & tutorial Jim

Dungthanh072 - There are always different ways to go about things. Jim's suggested using a keyframed circular mask.

You could also achieve a similar effect by using a transition like this one or overlay a PiP Object like this.

So - you have at least 3 options.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,

Thanks for reminding me about options in the DirectorZone. I don't access it often enough.

Nice to be part of a community where users can get multiple solutions to their queries. wink

--Jim