Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Zooming in on an image within a frame
Greg84065
Newbie Location: Riverton, Utah Joined: Oct 14, 2013 23:38 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to create the affect of slowly zooming in on a still image within a PiP frame. Is this possible? I can successfully use PiP to show my imagine within a picture frame, but I can't quite figure out how to then zoom in on my still image without it overriding my frame. Masks perhaps? I have played around with masks but still can't figure it out. Any ideas would be appreciated.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This video might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN_tbC0Zkps&t=347s . Here is a video where zooming and panning is done in a golden frame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8r5lxtbtuQ . The frame is placed in a higher number track as a transparent png image.

These ideas should get you started.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Greg -

... this one was made in response to a similar question, so maybe it'll help you.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Greg84065
Newbie Location: Riverton, Utah Joined: Oct 14, 2013 23:38 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the quick responses to my question!!

I was looking for something more like the PDToots video tutorial where I have an image with a border on top of a background video, and I wanted to zoom in on the image without it growing in size. Just like in this video tutorial. Turning my animated image zoom into a video first, and then inserting the video on top of my background video will work just fine, just a bit more labor to get it done.

However, while further experimenting with this idea, I stumbled across a more elegant way of adding motion to my images and then inserting them onto a background while keeping the size of the image the same! Here is the steps I followed:

1) Place the image I want to add motion to on Track 1.
2) Apply magic motion to the image. In my case, I wanted a slow zoom in.
3) Go into PiP and you can now re-size and re-position your motion image where you want it. If you preview, you will now notice the applied motion to the image remains within the re-sized image frame!!
4) Now you can add background video/images in any fashion you want, and then position your newly created PiP motion image on top. Very cool.

If anyone else is interested, I could post an example video clip of how I used this feature.

Greg S.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 02. 2018 23:19

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Agreed Greg - far more elegant! Didn't even think of that back then. Well done, YOU!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!