Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cropped edits are producing in different frame!!
LoopyLou16 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tasmania Joined: Jul 22, 2018 23:51 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Since last week my cropped videos are now producing in a different frame - meaning heads chopped off.

The actual preview pane shows the exact area I need for my Video production - however when file is produced (have tried AVC, AVI, MPEG-2 however shouldn't have to compromise quality) and all files are produced the same!!

Any ideas why it's chopping off or cropped to a different area than the preview. Makes it tricky to fix because with over a dozen cropped to suit I'm almost running blind because preview is different!!

FAR OUT DRIVING ME NUTS!!!! Deadline passed and fed up right now! Last week no problems whatsoever
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I have never experienced such a thing.
How about some screenshots and description of what you did?

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may be using the wrong aspect ratio assets in your project and decided to get rid of the black borders by zooming.
LoopyLou16 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have never experienced such a thing.
How about some screenshots and description of what you did?

Hatti

Ahh yes sure. Ok firstly 'imageone' you can see the crop/zoom selection. In the corner accesssed from Power Tool Settings. No Zoom, preview window find and 16:9 ratio.

imagetwo same. You can see the preview is clearly cropped to suit.

imagethree once produced. Yes I've tried opening it in several different formats, on other machines etc etc.

Three images are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/58408bnlzyr9nsi/AACA0hSUjPYb8xCYl-BQIADca?dl=0

No borders selected. Have already done four videos exactly the same way without this result....quite baffling, time consuming and frustrating!!!
LoopyLou16 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You may be using the wrong aspect ratio assets in your project and decided to get rid of the black borders by zooming.

Hmmm yes I thought this, but no borders and minimal adjustments selected and still creating the same issue!!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Just for the record, does this happen in the produced file in all players - say VLC, MPHC etc.?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
LoopyLou16 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Just for the record, does this happen in the produced file in all players - say VLC, MPHC etc.?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Yes unfortately. Have also had another person test it at their end across different players also
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
What else did you do with the clip? It seems to me, that it is a video conference. What is the source material? 1920x1080? Or an "exotic" size? Did you try to convert the source prior to editing?
Did you just try to add just one source file to the timeline, cropping only one thing out without keyframes and produce?

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
LoopyLou16 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What else did you do with the clip? It seems to me, that it is a video conference. What is the source material? 1920x1080? Or an "exotic" size? Did you try to convert the source prior to editing?
Did you just try to add just one source file to the timeline, cropping only one thing out without keyframes and produce?

Hatti

Yes it's sourced from a Zoom file. No conversion before editing and cropped/zoomed as one clip before editing into the separate as required.

So bizzare, because as I said I've been using these type of files and materials for weeks.

It's also cut the sides of another Video tonight which was not cropped at all (this one cut off the text screen).

Thanks for the questions, I've been racking my brains!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi LoopyLou16 -

This may be impractical, or you may prefer not to do it, but would it be possible to upload a short sample of your Zoom recording to a shared file site? Google Drive One Drive or similar? If that can't happen, how about some full screen shots of how the video appears in PDR's preview (using snapshot)?

I've edited similar video conference chats, but not using Zoom. As you've experienced previously, any cropping done in editing is reflected accurately in the produced file.

I understand the Zoom recording is processed as .MP4, but what are the other video properties?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
LoopyLou16 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi LoopyLou16 -

This may be impractical, or you may prefer not to do it, but would it be possible to upload a short sample of your Zoom recording to a shared file site? Google Drive One Drive or similar? If that can't happen, how about some full screen shots of how the video appears in PDR's preview (using snapshot)?

I've edited similar video conference chats, but not using Zoom. As you've experienced previously, any cropping done in editing is reflected accurately in the produced file.

I understand the Zoom recording is processed as .MP4, but what are the other video properties?

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony. At this point I cannot upload a sample due to confidentiality of my clients content. I have the screen shots in the Dropbox link above if that helps?

Thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
That's OK. Need for confidentiality understood.

The screenshots you uploaded before did not clearly show the screen layout, like these two:

You won't be surprised to learn that I can't replicate your issue at all. When I set the cropping frame (top image below) & produce, I get exactly what I asked for (bottom image).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Charles Edward [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2015 10:17 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]

Ahh yes sure. Ok firstly 'imageone' you can see the crop/zoom selection. In the corner accesssed from Power Tool Settings. No Zoom, preview window find and 16:9 ratio.

imagetwo same. You can see the preview is clearly cropped to suit.

imagethree once produced. Yes I've tried opening it in several different formats, on other machines etc etc.

Three images are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/58408bnlzyr9nsi/AACA0hSUjPYb8xCYl-BQIADca?dl=0

No borders selected. Have already done four videos exactly the same way without this result....quite baffling, time consuming and frustrating!!!

Hi Loopy,

I was looking at your screenshots and was wondering what happens if you render the original video without cropping it? Will it still be rendered as a cropped video or will it render as normal? Lets call your newly rendered video as "video 2".

If Video 2 comes out normal, and you use Video 2 for this production complete with the crop effect, will it solve the problem or will the problem still show up?

I am wondering if the problem is with the settings or files of PD or if it is with the video codecs. By rerending the video without adding any effects using PD, I think we will remove any problems with the codecs and might fix it. If it doesnt get fixed, I suspect it could be something to do with the settings or is a bug.

BTW, Im not an expert at PD. I am just analyzing this, so you are not obliged to try this out. Its just that if I encountered the same problem, this is what I would experiment on. I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Charles