Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I edit the credit template to stop at the last line of words?
thefriendlybadger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2018 00:28 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am adding credits to a project of mine and I would like the credits to stop scrolling when the last line gets to the center of the screen. I looked in the advanced settings but I couldn't find any keyframes to manipulate. Any recommendations as to what I can do? I'd really prefer to not do it manually, if that is an option.
PowerDirector Title Editor
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Ian Bogue
I use start and end credits, adjusting the opacity to zero until the initial line reaches the middle of the screen, and also the final line when it arrives in the middle.
In this case the title does not stay static just appears and disappears in the central part of the screen. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Ian -

Quote: I'd really prefer to not do it manually, if that is an option.

The trouble is - THAT'S the way to do it.

Getting hold of keyframes in PDR - I mean getting to know how to use them - is going to give you complete control of what you're doing. It's really worth investing some time into getting on top of it.

This title template does what you need & it took about 4-5 minutes to make. All I did was modify opne of the Scrolling Credits templates.

Ditch the starting & ending effects
Set starting position & ending position keyframes
Add & set central keyframe so text freezes at the end

It's really not that difficult, evidenced by the fact that some old fella from down under did it without too much bother.

Give it a go. You might surprise yourself.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Charles Edward [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2015 10:17 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am adding credits to a project of mine and I would like the credits to stop scrolling when the last line gets to the center of the screen. I looked in the advanced settings but I couldn't find any keyframes to manipulate. Any recommendations as to what I can do? I'd really prefer to not do it manually, if that is an option.
PowerDirector Title Editor

My advice is a "hack", it might not be the best way to do it, but it might work and you might like it.

1) Freeze the frame at the last credit line you want it to stop at.

2) Press Cntr-P to take a screenshot

3) Paste the screenshot image into your timeline with the final credit scene. Stretch it into how many seconds you would like the final credits to be displayed

4) Cut out the portion of the final credits scene where it changes beyond your screen shot.

So what will happen is that you have the rolling credits c/o your video, and the final credits displayed is actually just a fixed image. You can make this final image last any aount of time, and apply any effect on it.

I hope this is useful and helpful.

Charles
thefriendlybadger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2018 00:28 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
OK. Here's how I figured it out:

Under Text Effects or something, the scrolling credits option was selected. I selected None instead and manually keyframed it, which wasn't too hard considering that I only needed 2 keyframes.