Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multiple masks
NeillT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2018 22:44 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
On Ver. 16 I'm trying to figure out how to create multiple masks on a single clip. The initial mask is numbered "1" and I've serached the help and the web and found clues that it is possible to add a second mask. I just cant figure out how to do it. Thanks.

Edit: Perhaps I should have specified that I meant Ver. 16 of PowerDirector.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 24. 2018 22:19

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Multiple Masks for ColorDirector see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bo0LSTGxBo

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 24. 2018 05:17

NeillT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2018 22:44 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for responding. I updated my question to specify PowerDirector. In PowerDirector, I don't see buttons similar to those the video you shared demonstrated in ColorDirector.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi NeillT -

You can't apply multiple masks to a single video clip in PDR.

If you have a clip where you want to mask in/out separate objects or parts of the video, like this:

... you need to insert the clip on separate tracks and mask each part separately, like this:

The masks on each clip can be keyframed to "follow" the subject if that's what's required.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!