Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Modify button
C.DeMille [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2012 22:34 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
oh jeeze, sorry for being a pest lol seems like my modify button is missing, the icons and buttons go like this....magic tools,split,crop, designer ? seems like that was where the "modify" button was located, any idea how to get it back ?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Your memory is very good for remembering PD9 even though it has worked in years. It had been replaced by the Designer button in PD15/16. It functions much the same. lol sealed
C.DeMille [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Your memory is very good for remembering PD9 even though it has worked in years. It had been replaced by the Designer button in PD15/16. It functions much the same. lol sealed

well you know what, it's not a good memory, I'm watching this youtube video "Highlighting A Moving Subject" that someone here told me about and it's done in PD 10(link below) , so that's confusing me, now to figure out how to create a motion highlight circle in PD 16, can't seem to get to that key frame windows I see in this video to adjust the paramiters...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxf5e6Ry9_o
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi C.DeMille -

As Tomas says, it works pretty much the same way in PDR16. The labels are different but the process is the same.

In the PDR10 tutorial, you select your circle highlight in Track 2 then Modify to open PiP Designer. In PDR16, select your circle highlight, then Designer > PiP Designer (or just double click it).

Once you're in PiP Designer, the interface looks way different than it did in PDR10. If you look at the attached screenshot, you'll see you can replicate what's in the tutorial by setting Position keyframes... perhaps Scale keyframes will be needed too, depending on your clip.

Another possibility is using PDR16's Motion Tracker tool (under Tools) to track a subject in your video clip.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PiP Designer PDR16.jpg]
 Filename
PiP Designer PDR16.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
785 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
C.DeMille – How is it that you were able to create your boomerang test video here in PD16 on the 7th thread of this post on July 13, 2018 on YouTube: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76645.page . Did you use Modify or Designer? I am confused… LOL.
C.DeMille [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote C.DeMille – How is it that you were able to create your boomerang test video here in PD16 on the 7th thread of this post on July 13, 2018 on YouTube: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76645.page . Did you use Modify or Designer? I am confused… LOL.

fair question, when one exports the spotlight effect into the timeline the modify button appears but in this case I'm putting a transparent circle into the timeline and when you do that in PD 16 unlike that of PD 10 you get the "Designer" button instead, thanks so much to both of you for helping me out, I'll get it figured out now that I understand where some of the confusion is comng from.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 23. 2018 07:48

C.DeMille [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi C.DeMille -

As Tomas says, it works pretty much the same way in PDR16. The labels are different but the process is the same.

In the PDR10 tutorial, you select your circle highlight in Track 2 then Modify to open PiP Designer. In PDR16, select your circle highlight, then Designer > PiP Designer (or just double click it).

Once you're in PiP Designer, the interface looks way different than it did in PDR10. If you look at the attached screenshot, you'll see you can replicate what's in the tutorial by setting Position keyframes... perhaps Scale keyframes will be needed too, depending on your clip.

Another possibility is using PDR16's Motion Tracker tool (under Tools) to track a subject in your video clip.

Cheers - Tony

thank you for your reply